Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello! Thanks for having me

khake

Dear @khake

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hello khake.

welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you’ve gone thru and the memories that have resurfaced. You are not alone. You will find tons of support here and will find our members understanding and kind. 
Many members have a creative outlet, just like you. If you are comfortable to do so, we have a creativity forum you can share in. 🙂

Korean is mighty challenging. Wishing you tons of luck in your future goals.

I am glad you found us and wish you well on your journey of healing. 
Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome @khake to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm happy to hear you are in therapy.

Those sound like some fun hobbies.  I don't know Korean but have been trying to learn French.  

Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @khake

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad that you found the site and decided to join. This site is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. I'm glad to hear that you have been doing trauma therapy to help you process some of your past trauma.  Connecting and talking with other survivors is also a helpful in the healing process. You are welcome to post and share on this site whenever you feel comfortable. 

I love your goal of traveling to South Korea to study Korean. It sounds amazing. Wishing you the best of luck with that. 

Hi, @khake - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry about the things you're uncovering in EMDR. I also do EMDR and I know how hard it is and how overwhelming it can be. I hope that you're able to work through these things with your T and gain additional support here to help you through this difficult time. What happened to you was not okay and was not your fault. Continue to look around the site and post when you feel ready. We are all here to support you :)  

If you need anything, let me know! 

Warm welcome,
Poppy