Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi - am I in the right place?

Hi, 

I have no idea how to start this or what I'm doing.

I suppose why I'm here should come first.... I have endured CSA, DV, and a recent, about 9 months after getting out of DV marriage, R***. I hope got the abbreviations right. I'm here because, after my recent R*** , I find that I am not able to cope or manage in the same way I could before. Those that I have turned to, well I have a few that have been as great as they can be, others not so much and relationships have been lost. I spend a lot of time online researching my feelings and reading Survivor stories. I find they help me, give me hope, and make me feel less alone, and crazy. I'm hoping this site/forum (resource) will help even more.

Some not so horrible stuff about me.... I LOVE my job. I know how rare that is. I am an animal lover. Frogs are my go-to decorative animal. Blue has been my go-to color for about a year. I am teaching myself to paint with acrylics, following you tube videos. I also just realized I have more non-negative things to say about myself than I thought I did. However, that's all I have right now. 

Hoping this is a step forward,

Navias85

BTW - Navias stands for "Not A Victim I'm A Survivor", my best friend came up with it when I told her I wanted to join an online support group. I hope I live up to it 😕

Dear @Navias85

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @Navias85 to After Silence.  You are in the right place.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.

I'm an animal lover too.  I love your motto Not A Victim I'm A Survivor.  Very empowering!  

Hi @Navias85

I love that. 

Welcome to  AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  I'm sorry you are struggling right now. You did not deserve what happened to you and none of it was your fault. Healing from trauma can be hard, there are a lot of ups and downs along the way. But sometimes connecting and sharing with other survivors can make that process a little easier.  You are welcome to post and share on this site whenever you feel comfortable. We are all here for you.  Just by joining this site, you are taking steps toward healing.  I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome @Navias85 I like your acronym too, or acrostic.  It's a beautiful statement that leads to recovery.  I'm sorry for the trauma and wish it weren't.  You are strong and courageous.  You will see just how strong someday.  You've found a good place to come.  -POM  Forgive the pearls...can't get them out of there

image.png

Edited by PearlofMary

Hello Navias, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the various traumas you’ve been thru and the struggles you face. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. You will see we have many supportive and understanding members. I am glad you decided to reach out. Love the acronym, as it speaks truth. Wishing you the best on this journey of healing. 
Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi, @Navias85 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry for all of the things you've had to endure. I can personally relate to several of those things so I know how difficult it must be. I'm hoping that by coming here, you'll started to feel the welcome and love of this community and it will help you on your healing journey. I'm also sorry for the lost relationships - maybe you can build some new ones here :) There are a lot of stories and personal experiences here that I'm hoping will also help as you said reading survivor stories has helped before. 

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to me. I'm here for you! 

Happy thoughts,
Poppy

Thank you! 

I have to testify against my attacker/assailant/predator/ insert explicit s....I don't know the correct terminology.... on Monday 01.27.20.... In this moment I am looking for 1. real life people who have been here. 2. advice on how to do/survive this. I feel like i'm the one being judged, not him. 

I'm not the perfect victim. I don't know what to expect. Is there a forum for this?

Thank you in advance, 

Navias85

"Not A Victim, I'm a Survivor" -  words I'm trying to live up to

FYI, I also sent this as a private message to a Newbie Support Member.