Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newbie Question

Hello everyone, I am new here and I’m seeking help guidance and just to know I’m not alone! I was wondering where the share your story forum is because I don’t feel like I can keep dealing with the weight of this on me and I have to let it out before it drives me insane. Thank you so much for whoever created this amazing place to come and talk! 

Hello @Rere1000H - welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry for the circumstances that have led you here, but hope you will find an abundance of support, here!! :)  You are definitely not alone.

My name is Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators - you'll soon be hearing from one of our Newbie Support Team members but for now, I thought I'd introduce myself and tackle your question!

The 'Share Your Story' forum is automatically unlocked once you have reached a post count of 10.  This is for your protection, as well as for the protection of others who want to keep their stories a little more protected from lurkers or members who join with no intention of posting.  Also, the content you'll find in that forum is of a more sensitive nature, and we do want our members to become familiar with reading and posting, and issuing trigger warnings where needed.  

Raising your post count is VERY easy. :)  You can visit our Humor and Silliness boards and participate in the games we have there, you can respond to others' postings.  Your 10 posts do not necessarily have to be boards you create yourself. You should be able to unlock Share Your Story relatively quick.

I hope this helps!  If you have any questions, I'm just a holler away.

Wishing you all the best in your healing process!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Dear @Rere1000H

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

So far it seems unreal to have so many people struggling from the same issues that really understand and help each other! It feels so amazing to know that someone finally understands but at the same time it’s so heart braking that we are all suffering from something that has left us so broken. Thank you for the encouraging words I look forward to finally starting my healing process and I wish the best for you and hope you are finding peace as well.

Welcome @Rere1000H to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  It seems Capulet already answered your question but if you have any additional questions feel free to message me.

Hi @Rere1000H

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This site is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  Sharing your story can be really helpful in the healing process.  I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

19 hours ago, Rere1000H said:

Hello everyone, I am new here and I’m seeking help guidance and just to know I’m not alone! I was wondering where the share your story forum is because I don’t feel like I can keep dealing with the weight of this on me and I have to let it out before it drives me insane. Thank you so much for whoever created this amazing place to come and talk! 

Hi Rere,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for what you've been thru, but yes, you are right. You are not alone. This community has many supportive, kind and understanding members. We walk this path with you wish you the best on this journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi, @Rere1000H - 

Welcome to After Silence! As many said before me, you are definitely not alone here. I can see you've gotten your post count way up since posting here! I'm hoping you've been able to visit the Share Your Story forum and share what you felt you needed/wanted to :) I know that forum doesn't always get a lot of responses, so feel free to share on our other boards for more support if you need it! 

If you need anything at all, feel free to send me a PM. I'm always around! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy