Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Tura

Hi, it's great to meet all of you on here. I've been at that point in my healing process that I keep wanting to talk to more people who have been through these things, and before I had found a discord server which was pretty good, it just allowed 13 year olds and it made me uncomfortable to discuss such intense things with kids reading. So I'm relieved to find a place such as this where there are more privacy measures taken. I want to be able to help others dealing with this, so I'm available to listen most times, I just know I'm still dealing with too much so I'm sorry to say that I think I need more help than I can give right now. Also I'm sorry if I make a mistake with where I post something, I'm pretty new to how forums work. 

Hello @Tura! Welcome to after silence! I’m so glad you found us. It’s great to meet you :) I’m sorry for the traumas that brought you here, but this is a wonderful place to be to help you on your healing journey. I hope this site can bring you some peace and help you feel like you are not alone. 

Sam

Thank you @samantha2009, it's like I know I want to talk about these things and I keep trying to talk about these things with close friends, but I mean my throat sort of closes when I try. So a place like this where I don't have to actually talk is great. 

Oh I absolutely understand you. I wish I could tell people i'm close to but I don't think I ever will be able to speak the words/: its been 10 years and I just wrote it all for the first time. Writing it is much easier for now. Sitting with you!

Sam

54 minutes ago, samantha2009 said:

Oh I absolutely understand you. I wish I could tell people i'm close to but I don't think I ever will be able to speak the words/: its been 10 years and I just wrote it all for the first time. Writing it is much easier for now. Sitting with you!

Sam

I hope this isn't weird to say, but I am really proud of you for being able to get it out like that! Like god I remember having many therapy sessions spent in near silence.

Thank you @Struggling88, you all seem really friendly. :)

No not weird at all! Thank you actually. It took weeks of effort and tears and panic attacks and I’m just glad I’m finally done purging it out of me. I can’t speak in therapy either. I can’t seem to speak out loud about what happened. It’s just too much! Too intimidating for me still. I hope you can find the relief you need here. Sitting with you still!  

Sam 

Edited by samantha2009

That's awesome! I'm glad to hear. :) 

Yes I get that, for me in the last year my living situation improved dramatically, which had such a positive affect on my mental health that I've been able to say it. But still every time it feels like something being pulled out of my chest. And I know there are still things I can't say, but I mean it's improving at least.

Hi, @Tura - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you have found this site :) We definitely have security measures in place to help keep things protected here so I hope that makes you feel at ease. I know how hard it can be to share and open up, even when you feel like you WANT to, it's still hard. Just know that there is no rush here and no pressure to share anything that you're not ready to share. Everything that is done in your own timing! 

It's okay if you feel like you need more support than you can give right now - it happens to us all! There are always people on the opposite side that are able and willing to give as much as they can to someone that needs it. Don't worry, you are welcome to feel yourself here. 

I hope that joining this site gives you the support and love you need to continue on your healing journey. We are all here for you always! If you need anything at all, please feel free to message me :) 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Dear @Tura

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi @Tura

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma that you have been through, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  Don't worry about not being in a place to really support others yet.  There is nothing selfish about asking for and receiving help.  You have to help yourself first before you can help others. Take some time looking around the site and post whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Hi Tura,

We spoke briefly yesterday, but wanted to give you an official welcome. So, welcome. I am very sorry tho that you have reasons to be here, but you will find tons of support. You are not alone. This site is to be used in a way that is helpful to you. If it is writing posts, relating in small ways, or just reading, it is your choice.

Having 13 year olds would make me nervous, as well, so I understand you looking for another outlet. Be assured, this is a great place to be. Take your time and look around.  Use your best judgement on where to post, it isn't often that a thread will be moved because of location, but if the rare instance occurs, one of the staff will let you know.

Reaching out is always a scary, but big step. I am glad you have. I am wishing you more forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome @Tura to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.