Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not sure how to do this

@Akiraotome hello and welcome to After Silence! I’m sorry you experienced a trauma or traumas that brought you here, but we are so very happy you found us. Everyone here is very supportive and welcoming. I think this will be a positive step for you in your healing journey. 

I hope this site can help you organize your thoughts as well. I can say, I had to get back on here to organize my own thoughts recently, and it has helped give me some relief. 

-Sam :) 

Dear @Akiraotome

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi @Akiraotome

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma you have been through, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other. You are not alone here. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable.  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do. 

Hi Akiraotome,

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I am very sorry for what you endured that led you here, but do know that you will find tons of support. Our members are understanding and kind. I do understand the nervousness in just exactly what might be comfortable in sharing, but do know there is no pressure. Many will not even decide to talk about specific things, but perhaps of the struggles or feeling related to those things. It is really up to you. Regardless this is a welcoming community and perhaps just by reading a little at first might make you feel  you can relate and not feel so alone with all the scary stuff inside. Wishing you the best in this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome @Akiraotome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS.  You are not alone.  Hugs, if ok.😍

Edited by Patti72
Trying to delete emjo, wanted to post kitten
On 12/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, Pinkest said:

Hi all, I am happy to have found this space.

I went through a really dark hole after I was raped and it eventually led me into addiction and suicidal thoughts.
I know I have found much healing over the years through great support systems but I do know that I still have parts of myself that need complete healing.
I have a daughter now and I don't want to pass on any toxic energies or behaviors.  

Hi Pinkest, welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have been through. My daughter's are 48 and 44. I have not passed any of my toxic energies on them. They are strong women.

Patricia 

Hi, @Akiraotome - 

Welcome to After Silence! You did a great job introducing yourself :)  there is no right or wrong way to do it! I know how hard it is to talk about certain things but I hope you will find this to be a safe place where you feel you CAN talk about those things if you want to. No pressure to share here. Just post whatever you want, whenever you're ready to do so. You are definitely not alone. 

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know! I'm always around. 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, Akiraotome said:

Hi, I'm new and I'm not sure how to introduce myself. It's hard to talk about specific things. But I needed know I'm not alone. I hope this helps me put everything in my head together. 

Hi Akiraotome

You are definitely NOT alone.  You are really brave in posting. I didn't (and many times don't) know how to verbalize things... And that that is totally ok.

I am glad you are here.

Safe hugs if that is OK

🌸 - redadmirals