Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing Me

Hi everyone!  I’m simply an anonymous human and I’m here, because my therapist suggested it.  I didn’t realize until about a year ago what had actually happened to me.  I didn’t think my story counted for a long time.  Now that I know, I’m trying to figure out how to deal with it.  I’m hoping it will help to chat with people who understand.  Thank you for being a supportive place to go 💖

Welcome @Anonymoushuman to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello Anonymoushuman,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced, but you will find support here. It can be confusing when things come back to you, but do know you aren't alone. You say you didn't think your story counted, I hope this means you do think so now, because it does. You and your experience are validated here. Nobody has the right to hurt another. I am happy your T suggested you join an on-line group and you took that step to reach out. Wishing you nothing but forward steps on the path to healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Anonymoushuman

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  The healing process is tough, but sometimes talking with other survivors can make it a little easier and help you realize that you are not alone. You are welcome to post on the site whenever you feel comfortable.  I hope you end up finding the site to be as helpful as I do. 

Dear @Anonymoushuman

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Hi, @Anonymoushuman - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad your therapist suggested you join this site! My therapist also suggested it to me and after telling her no countless times, I eventually relented and I'm so glad I did. This site has been so supportive and healing and I've made so many connections here. I't so comforting to know that I am not alone in my feelings or perceptions of the things I've gone through. I hope you will feel the same way! 

If you need anything at all, I'm just a quick PM away - feel free to message any time! 

Sending happy thoughts,
Poppy