Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing myself

Klady

I stumbled across this site a few days ago, and decided to join. I have been having a rough couple of months, and just need a place to talk freely. It's strange how something can bring so many emotions to the surface years, even decades later. I am a happily married mom, and really haven't thought too much about the things that brought me here. But every few years or so, they creep back up to haunt me. It's startling sometimes. I am glad there is a place online where I can talk about it and maintain a bit of privacy.

I am struggling with this same exact thing right now. It is very overwhelming. I just wanted to let you know You are not alone! Welcome to a safe, comfortable place to share what you feel you need to. Sitting with you if that’s ok 💙

5 minutes ago, samantha2009 said:

I am struggling with this same exact thing right now. It is very overwhelming. I just wanted to let you know You are not alone! Welcome to a safe, comfortable place to share what you feel you need to. Sitting with you if that’s ok 💙

Thank you. Is it terrible to say I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way? It always surprises me when this happens. Something brings it all back to the surface, and suddenly I feel like I am back at square 1 dealing with the floods of different emotions. It's exhausting. And it leaves me in a funk for months sometimes. 

Oh I understand completely. It’s like I’m reading my own thoughts! And no you are not terrible for yearning for someone to understand how you feel. I try to get online every day so I am here to listen to anything you’d like to get off your chest. Sending virtual hugs :hug:if ok. You don’t have to struggle with these bad days alone :) 

Edited by samantha2009

Hello Klady,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but do know you will receive tons of support here. Our members are truly understanding and kind. It can be surprising how and when things pop up, even if we do not know the trigger. You are not alone. You will find this a safe place to be to interact with other survivors.

Take your time and look around. When you are ready, feel free to interact and share to what is comfortable for you. Know you are validated just by being here. Wishing you the best on your continued journey in healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Dear Klady,

I'm sorry for the painful experiences that have brought you here, but you have found a kind and supportive community.  This is a safe place where you can talk freely.

Wishing you the best,

Gold Raindrops

Dear klady

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming ♡ As I am reading through some of the threads it warms my heart to see all the support and kind responses to one another. This definitely seems like a safe haven to me.

Welcome again @Klady to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Klady - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're having so many emotions resurfacing right now. I'm hoping that finding a safe place to talk and share your experiences will be helpful. If you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know! I'm around all the time :)  

Sending happy thoughts,
Poppy