Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello to all,

I am new on here. I found this site by accident. I have been struggling for years and drowning without even seeing the water before. Here recently I've become aware of the amount of water I've fallen into and I am here to seek others to help me through it  although none of my " events" are recent, they have become made aware recently and I feel as though they just happened to me. I hope I'm in the right place to be able to use my voice. So many times I've tried but the last time I did, I was taken " for a ride" so to speak and left picking up the wreckage. My words were used against me because they expressed weakness and I'm terrified to even chip at the ice burg until I know this site is legit safe to reveal my darkest hours .. anyway I can get confirmation on this would be extremely grateful. These secrets need to come out. I just dont want to keep saying them to the wrong crowd 

-FearOfFlight-

Hi Skysthelimit,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the truama you've endured and the struggles you face. It matters not how long ago you experienced something bad, not if the struggles are now hitting you full force. Many of us are older survivors, including myself, trying to find a way down this path of healing. You are not alone.

Be assured this is a safe place and you will not be judged or pressured in any way. You are free to share what you like, when you like. Take your time and look around. You will see that this is a truly understanding group of survivors.

I am sorry you have reasons to be here. Do know acceptance and validation and support is what we offer. Wishing you nothing but forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

I know the struggle of sharing your story. This is a safe place to open up though as little or as much as you’d like to. Everyone here is so understanding and helpful. I hope you can find some comfort here to help ease the pain and discomfort brought onto you by your traumas. Hugs if ok :hug:

Dear skythelimit19

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Skysthelimit19 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Great job posting one of your stories, that was brave!  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS, Sky!  :) 

I'm glad you found this site by chance. :)  I am hopeful that by now, it feels less like an accidental find and more like a sign that perhaps this is meant to be a part of your healing process.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome Sky. 

I'm sorry for all the trauma you have experienced in your life, but I'm glad you found the site.  Here at AS we are all here to support and validate each other.  You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable.  There was so many wonderful people on this site who are always willing to help you out.  

Hi, @Skysthelimit19 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have been drowning lately - I understand that feeling all too well. You are absolutely in the right place to share your story and to speak out about what happened to you if that's what your desire is. I can assure you that this site is very safe. Only registered members have access to the boards and can see what you post (unless you post in a public forum). I'm hoping that you will feel the liberty to share whatever you'd like here. We are all here with open arms wanting to support you. 

I hope you're feeling welcome here and enjoying the site so far. If you have any questions or concerns or if you need someone to talk to, me door is always open. Send me a message any time! I'm wishing you all the best on your healing journey. I hope that we can help in some way :)  

Warm wishes,
Poppy