Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

here to start moving forward

I'm new here. 

The fourth was a trauma-versary, and I was linked here from RAINN while trying to find legal services. I'm glad I found this site.

I've been struggling with fear, and loneliness, and not wanting to worry my loved ones.

I'm thankful this site exists.

Hello @wheelieunicorn! Welcome to after silence! I’ve been on this site for almost 10 years and it has been extremely helpful. Everyone is so supportive and there are forums here with topics about almost anything. This is a wonderful place to be to help you on your healing journey. I hope you can find some comfort here :) 

on a different note, I’m sorry your traumaversary just passed; those can be difficult to deal with. Sending you hugs of comfort if that is ok :hug:

Edited by samantha2009

Welcome @wheelieunicorn to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @wheelieunicorn - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry you've had to not only go through trauma, but also for going through a traumaversary so recently - I know how hard those are. I also understand the loneliness and feeling as though you have no one you can talk to. You can post whatever you'd like here and there's always someone to help support you in your time of need. I hope that you'll get settled in nicely and feel safe to post whenever you're ready. We will be waiting with open arms! If you need anything at all, please give me a shout :) I'll be here! 

Warm wishes,
Poppy

Hello wheelieunicorn,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry that you experienced trauma four years ago. It is never right for person to do hurt another this way. You will find tons of support here tho, as our members are truly understanding and kind. I also found my way here a few years ago thru RAINN. They are such a helpful and informative site, for those in middle of crisis or dealing with the struggles after. I am glad they led you here, as well.

Give the site a look over and when you are ready to dive in, do so. There is no pressure and you can share whatever is comfortable for you. I wish you nothing but the best as you navigate this road we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @wheelieunicorn

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma that you been through, but I'm glad you found the site.  I'm sorry that you are struggling, but many survivors share the same feelings.  Healing is tough, but it is possible.  You have survived four years so far, and you will continue to survive and thrive. We are all here to support you.