Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Hello Martha,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but do know you will find tons of support. Our members are very kind and understanding. It is a very step to reach out to others. Take your time to look around. I wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear @Martha1989

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

Welcome @Martha1989 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi everyone. I am going through some tough times right now. With the help of a wonderful trauma therapist, I have recently discovered that my past experiences were indeed assault/rape. This is a tough label. I'm sad right now and hoping things get better. I'm glad I found this space.

Hi, @Martha1989 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're going through a hard time with the recent realizations of your trauma. I know it is a hard badge to wear but I hope with time, this will get easier for you. This community is a wonderful place to gain support and insight to whatever you need help with. I hope that you enjoy being here and you achieve some healing. 

If you need anything, just let me know! 

Hugs,
Poppy

Hi @Martha1989

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  I'm happy to hear that you are working with a therapist and have begun to work through some of your past trauma.  It can be hard to acknowledge and accept that the events that occurred to use were in fact rape.  It can be a lot to process and carry.  While things are difficult now, you will heal from those experiences with time.  We are all here to support you throughout your healing journey and you are welcome to post and share whenever you feel comfortable. You can reach out anytime.  I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Dear @Martha1989,

I'm happy you reached out to us, and sorry about feeling sad.  I think we can all relate - we know about trauma, therapy, assault and sadness.

Welcome to our community - I hope you find some camaraderie, peace and comfort.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops