Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Breaking the Silence

Hello everyone, 

After five years, I am finding the courage to break my silence. After five years of therapy sessions and learning about self-love, I am inching my way to confidence. A cloud of guilt that was looming overhead has finally started to lift. A transformation is coming, I can now tell bits and pieces of my story without the guilt lingering and the tears running endlessly. There is some sense of hope lingering to take the guilt's place. I hope that by joining this community, I might be able to nurture this newfound self-love and let it bloom. I look forward to learning from you all and someday soon sharing my story. 

Welcome to Aftersilence mariposa!  :aswelcomesu:

I applaud your courage in breaking your silence!  Well done in the progress you have made in your healing journey.

So happy you are discovering self-love and stand with you as you heal.

Tsabu  :hi:

Welcome @mariposa95 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Great job breaking the silence.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  Once you have 10 posts you will have access to a forum called share your story which is perfect for sharing your story once you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Welcome to SA @mariposa95! You will find much support here from people in every step of their healing journey. And MANY who can relate to the feelings of guilt and shame that we should never have had to carry but do anyway. So glad you found us! Safe hugs to you, if ok.

Hi, @mariposa95 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad you are starting to feel hopeful about the future and you're feeling like you will be able to share your story soon - that's amazing! I hope that you will find comfort in safety in this site and you will feel you have found somewhere you belong. 

Open up and share your story whenever you're ready. We will all be waiting with open arms! 

Hugs if you'd like them,
Poppy

Hi @mariposa95

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  I'm happy to hear that you have made progress with you healing over the years.  The healing process is tough and filled with ups and downs.  But healing and self-love is possible.  Remember there is no timeline to healing and no rush to share your story.  You will share when you are ready. We are all here to support and learn from each other.  I look forward to seeing you around the site and hope you end up finding the site as helpful as I do. 

Hi mariposa,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced 5 years ago. It was unfair and wrong for anyone to hurt you. You will find tons of support here with our many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. I am glad that you are finding confidence and that guilt that sometimes consumes a survivor is starting to lift. It is a burden I wished that was never placed on ours shoulders, as the perps are the only ones whom should have this. But it is a healing step to begin to accept the truth. You did nothing wrong.

When you are ready feel free to interact and share with what you are comfortable with. There is never any pressure or judgment. I wish you more steps as you travel down this path we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Dear mariposa

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.