Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just looking for support

Hi, I’m in the mist of leaving my abuser and without getting into much detail, I’m looking for support. This is going to be extremely hard especially with the holidays. I don’t have any family here, no friends and I’m in financial struggle. Where are places in the community I can reach out. I feel kind of like I’m entering AA and would just really like a sponsor....any ideas? 

Welcome @Hopeless13 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm sorry to hear you are still in danger.  You should look through our list of local crisis resources which can be found here:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/75-local-crisis-centers/

Also, if you are in the US you can also contact RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network)

https://www.rainn.org/

Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, Hopeless13, and welcome! :wave: Good job reaching out for help. That is hard to do. Have you looked in your area for a women’s shelter? They can be very resourceful and often times have counselors or victim’s advocates who can help you out. 

13 hours ago, Hopeless13 said:

Hi, I’m in the mist of leaving my abuser and without getting into much detail, I’m looking for support. This is going to be extremely hard especially with the holidays. I don’t have any family here, no friends and I’m in financial struggle. Where are places in the community I can reach out. I feel kind of like I’m entering AA and would just really like a sponsor....any ideas? 

Hi Hopeless,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry that you have endured abuse by someone who should care for you. Do know that you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone. I am sorry that you are finding difficulty finding local support. @8888 has given my best response of checking out RAINN. They have invaluable resources and personal to help those in crisis. There is also the Domestic Violence Hotline that may have some resources and help, as well. I'll put the link below.

Do not doubt what you are doing is brave and we know this is not an easy task. You are supported by this community tho. You deserve better and it will come. I am glad you have found our community and know we are with you every step of the way. Wishing you the best on finding your freedom from abuse and the journey of healing that comes next.

Mary

:notalone:

http://www.thehotline.org/

@Hopeless13 Unfortunately sometimes there is a lack of resources.  :( If you are not in the US and cannot contact RAINN then you can PM me with the country you live in and I can see if I can see if I can find a similar service in your country for you to contact.