Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new here

Hi everyone. I'm happy to have found this site after researching online communities for survivors. I'm in need of talking things out with understanding individuals - now more than ever, especially since I feel like I can't count on loved ones for support. I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the community here and getting to know you and having you getting to know me.

3 hours ago, Srsly_Serendipitous said:

Hi everyone. I'm happy to have found this site after researching online communities for survivors. I'm in need of talking things out with understanding individuals - now more than ever, especially since I feel like I can't count on loved ones for support. I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the community here and getting to know you and having you getting to know me.

Dear @Srsly_Serendipitous

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

@Srsly_Serendipitous

I'm sad that you are in the position where you've had to find your way here.  It is good, however, to be heard and witnessed in a most tender place. 

I hope you find the comfort, care, and nourishment your mind, body and soul so badly need right now, and that you find freedom in sharing stories, however painful they may be. You are a precious human and your voice makes a difference. Seeking support is courageous and brave. 

Welcome @Srsly_Serendipitous to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome @Srsly_Serendipitous. I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This safe place and we are all here to support each other.  It can be hard when family and friends are supportive or don't understand. Talking with other survivors can be helpful in the healing process.  I hope you are able to find the support you need here.  

Hi, @Srsly_Serendipitous - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for the trauma you endured that brought you here, but I'm also glad you found us. This community has been an incredible source of support and I'm so thankful it exists! I'm sorry you can't lean on your loved ones for support - I also have that problem. Just know that you can lean on us any time you need. 

I look forward to seeing you around on the boards! If you have any questions or need help with anything, I'm always here! 

Hugs and a warm welcome,
Poppy

Thank you so much. Browsing others' posts and the few comments I've been able to leave in support of and to express empathy with, has already been so helpful to me. I'm hoping I can work my way into sharing more specifics of my own trauma and get the support I need. I'm sure I will once I get more comfortable but I'm already so, so grateful for this forum. 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:37 PM, Srsly_Serendipitous said:

Hi Srsly_Serendipitous,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reasons for being here, but you couldn't have found a more supportive and understanding community. You found this site as I did almost 5 years ago. I was so grateful for the find, and I am sure you will too! Take your time looking around. I wish you the best as you navigate down this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: