Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I used to come here years ago and I'm glad this beautiful site is still here

Hi there,

I first joined here 12 years ago.....woah that's a long time :) The reason I'm not using the same username is mostly because I've forgotten the login details and don't have access to that email anymore. I think the last time I logged in here was about 10 years ago.

But also I'm a lot different now, I don't always feel so broken as I used to. I sleep well, which is amazing for me-something I never believed would be possible. I also have a healthy loving relationship with my boyfriend and that's pretty amazing too. 

There are some struggles aswell, I have a head injury now, which affects me mostly only when I'm tired( which I am now :) ) but for the most part it doesn't affect me that adversely anymore.

I think the biggest reason I'm on here is because even though I've got all of these amazing things happening, some part of me is shutting down-it's like I'm scared of it all going wrong -so scared that a part of me won't fully engage and that's the hardest part at the moment. 

My boyfriend know's more about my past than anyone else and he is being amazingly patient but I'm scared that he will loose that patience because I'm struggling to pull myself back together.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey  and it really is great to see this supportive site doing so well ❤️

Hi @Dont4get.  Welcome back to After Silence.  12 years ago, wow, I've been here since 2014 myself.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

3 hours ago, Dont4get said:

Hi there,

I first joined here 12 years ago.....woah that's a long time :) The reason I'm not using the same username is mostly because I've forgotten the login details and don't have access to that email anymore. I think the last time I logged in here was about 10 years ago.

But also I'm a lot different now, I don't always feel so broken as I used to. I sleep well, which is amazing for me-something I never believed would be possible. I also have a healthy loving relationship with my boyfriend and that's pretty amazing too. 

There are some struggles aswell, I have a head injury now, which affects me mostly only when I'm tired( which I am now :) ) but for the most part it doesn't affect me that adversely anymore.

I think the biggest reason I'm on here is because even though I've got all of these amazing things happening, some part of me is shutting down-it's like I'm scared of it all going wrong -so scared that a part of me won't fully engage and that's the hardest part at the moment. 

My boyfriend know's more about my past than anyone else and he is being amazingly patient but I'm scared that he will loose that patience because I'm struggling to pull myself back together.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey  and it really is great to see this supportive site doing so well ❤️

Dear @Dont4get,

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I'm happy you found us again.  Many of us know about the feelings you're describing.  I'm glad there are several positive things happening in your life and I hope the pain of what happened doesn't interfere too much.

You deserve peace and happiness.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

2 hours ago, melissastarr88 said:

Hi :)  I'm new here, and I'm getting so much out of using this site.  It's great to know it's been around that long and I hope it will be around a lot longer.

Welcome, @melissastarr88,

I'm sorry for the painful experiences that have brought you to us, but I'm happy you're feeling at home here and feeling its benefits.

We are a kind and supportive community full of people who understand.

Wishing you comfort and blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hello @Dont4get

Welcome back to After Silence!  I'm so sorry that  things are still tough for you.   We are all still here to support you.  You don't have to do this alone.   Please remember that you are always welcome to lean on us  for support.  We are always willing to listen.

Sending lots of support,
missfrier

Welcome back!  You are always welcome here.  While some things on the site may have changed, it is still the same supportive place.  Glad to hear that you have made progress with your healing over the years.  I hope by coming back to the site your healing journey will continue to improve. 

Hi, @Dont4get - 

Welcome (back) to After Silence! It's so good to hear you've been doing well recently. I wasn't here that many years ago, but it's cool that you came back :)  

I'm sorry for what's going on right now. I'm hoping that coming back here will be helpful and you will find some much needed healing and peace. We are all here when/if you need to talk! As you know, the support here is amazing and this is a safe place to be wholly and completely yourself. I'm hoping things get better for you soon and if you need anything, please let me know! 

Hugs and a warm welcome,
Poppy

Hi Dont4get,

Welcome back to AfterSilence. I am sorry you have been struggling, but am so glad you remembered how wonderful this community is. It has likely changed a bit, with many new faces, but the support, kindness, and camaraderie of members remain strong. You are not alone. Take your time to get re-antiquated and jump back in when you are ready. I wish you the very best as you continue this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: