Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Non Disclosures

Hi, I'm a survivor and a writer.  I signed a non disclosure after what happened to me, and I had no clue how it was going to impact me, having to keep that secret for the rest of my life.  I'm going to write a book that is an anonymous compilation of stories from women who signed non disclosures after their rape, and how that effected their healing and the rest of their lives.  If you're like me, and sometimes feel like you're the only one who must have had to sign one of these, please please please reach out.  I need to know I'm not alone for having done this, and I was us to find a way to give our stories a voice without compromising the legalities involved.  I know I can do this.  

Welcome @signedaway to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  That's cool you are a writer.  I write sometimes too.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

2 hours ago, signedaway said:

Hi, I'm a survivor and a writer.  I signed a non disclosure after what happened to me, and I had no clue how it was going to impact me, having to keep that secret for the rest of my life.  I'm going to write a book that is an anonymous compilation of stories from women who signed non disclosures after their rape, and how that effected their healing and the rest of their lives.  If you're like me, and sometimes feel like you're the only one who must have had to sign one of these, please please please reach out.  I need to know I'm not alone for having done this, and I was us to find a way to give our stories a voice without compromising the legalities involved.  I know I can do this.  

First of all . . . hi. :) I'm sorry for what brought you here, but I'm glad you found us.

Next . . . wow. I'm sure it must be really difficult, especially as a writer, for you to have signed a non disclosure. Does that only affect what you can say publicly, or would that even apply to a therapy-type setting? I certainly hope NOT the latter, as that could make healing especially difficult.

Dear @signedaway

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

The non disclosure does not apply to doctors, nurses, or mental health professionals.  So I am in therapy.  
I appreciate your guys understanding with the weird intricacies of my particular scenario.  I really really really just want to find someone else who signed one.  I need to know I'm not alone.   

On 10/29/2019 at 2:57 PM, signedaway said:

Hi signedaway,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you've endured and the struggles you face. I am also sorry for the non-disclosure aspect, but wonder if there is a way you can find out this paper was even legal? I am not an expert, but having someone sign a paper under and an emotional and psychological strain doesn't sound right to me. As I mentioned, I'm not an expert by any means, but maybe you can get some legal advise to find out?

Anyway, I welcome you to our site, and you will find tons of support and understanding. I wish you well in the healing journey and all other aspects you are going thru.

Mary

:supportu: