Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The Pickup (Hi)

Hi everybody. I'm Da Capo Al Fine and I've been looking around a few of the public forums and things on the site for a while now. I wasn't sure if I was even going to register at first but I have recently been encouraged to find resources that can help me deal with the memories and emotions of my past that have been recently resurfacing and affecting my life. I look forward to getting to know you guys and reading what you all have to say. I am hesitant to share my thoughts and feelings but hope I can overcome it because of the anonymity and the seemingly close knit community here. I will also probably continue to make the occasional music pun every now and then. 🙂  Anyway, I just thought the first step would be to introduce myself, and see what happens from there. 

Hi, and welcome here! I haven't been on here for long, but it has already helped me with a lot of stuff, and I think this is a great place to open up about things when you're ready, if that's what you want. And if you don't feel like it yet, I find that reading posts and answers also helps a lot, and you can also use the other sections to talk about other things, like music! 

I hope you can find what you're looking for here, and welcome again! And I'm here if you want to talk about anything 

8 hours ago, Da Capo al Fine said:

Hi everybody. I'm Da Capo Al Fine and I've been looking around a few of the public forums and things on the site for a while now. I wasn't sure if I was even going to register at first but I have recently been encouraged to find resources that can help me deal with the memories and emotions of my past that have been recently resurfacing and affecting my life. I look forward to getting to know you guys and reading what you all have to say. I am hesitant to share my thoughts and feelings but hope I can overcome it because of the anonymity and the seemingly close knit community here. I will also probably continue to make the occasional music pun every now and then. 🙂  Anyway, I just thought the first step would be to introduce myself, and see what happens from there. 

Dear @Da Capo al Fine

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.

Hi, @Da Capo al Fine - 

Welcome to After Silence! I also looked around at the public forums before registering and also looked around at the forums before I felt up to the posting part. I understand where you're coming from! This site it truly amazing though and I hope you'll feel welcome here. There are so many people here that want to support you and help you deal with the hard stuff - we've all been there too. 

Just continue to look around share when you feel ready. There's no rush here! All in your timing :) If there's anything I can do for you or if you need anything, I'm just a quick PM away! My door is always open! 

Sending a warm welcome,
Poppy

Welcome @Da Capo al Fine to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  It's understandable you were nervous to join but I'm glad you did. Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  Music puns are fun.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome @Da Capo al Fine.  I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I'm glad you decided to join the site.  We are all here to support each other and you are welcome to share and post anything you feel comfortable.  Take your time looking around and post when your ready.  I hope you end up finding the site as helpful as I do. 

21 hours ago, Da Capo al Fine said:

Hello Da Capo all Fine,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but you found a supportive site. Take your time looking around, as familiarity will give you comfort in interacting. It is up to you tho what you decide to share. You will find our members are kind and understanding. I wish you well as you navigate your path of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu: