Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to the Site

Hello all.

I found this site via an internet search. I was really just looking for a chat room, because it helps me personally to have anonymous chat, especially with people who have actually been through what I have/can more directly relate to my experiences. I have been having a pretty horrible time dealing with a lot of things, and feelings surrounding my assault/reporting are definitely at the foreground of that. However, I also saw that I don't think I am able to access chat unless I post 10 or more topics. So, here I am, to start. 

I hope you all are doing well. I will now say that my reading, memory, and cognition have honestly been affected by PTSD/other mental health related problems, but I am trying my best to reach out and do whatever it takes to fight through this hell of a time in my life. Thanks in advance for whoever reads this and for even having a site like this in the first place.  

I look forward to exploring the site and potentially getting to know some of you more in the future.

-Raya

Hi, @RayaAlysRose7 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you found this site and hopefully once the chat opens up for you, you will be more excited too! I will tell you that yes, you have to have 10 posts, but they do not have to all be your own created topics. You can post responses to other topics and that counts too. You can go to the Amusement Clove and get your 10 posts pretty quick! If you have any difficulty with that, please let me know and I will point you in the right direction :) 

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time dealing with the feelings and other things surrounding your assault. I'm sure everyone here can relate to that. The good news is that this site is truly wonderful and filled with supportive people that want to help you with those hard emotions! If you ever need someone to talk to, my door is always open :notalone:

I know this fight is hard, but you have a whole army behind you :throb:

Sending my best,
Poppy

Thank you very much for the quick response, helpful info, and kind support. It is all much appreciated and so important during this process, for sure! I will keep it in mind, and good to meet you, Poppy.

Welcome @RayaAlysRose7 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  Poppy_ is right that you can get to 10 posts pretty quickly.  I hope our chat room will be to your benefit once you get access. 

Edited by 8888
On 10/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, RayaAlysRose7 said:

Hello all.

I found this site via an internet search. I was really just looking for a chat room, because it helps me personally to have anonymous chat, especially with people who have actually been through what I have/can more directly relate to my experiences. I have been having a pretty horrible time dealing with a lot of things, and feelings surrounding my assault/reporting are definitely at the foreground of that. However, I also saw that I don't think I am able to access chat unless I post 10 or more topics. So, here I am, to start. 

I hope you all are doing well. I will now say that my reading, memory, and cognition have honestly been affected by PTSD/other mental health related problems, but I am trying my best to reach out and do whatever it takes to fight through this hell of a time in my life. Thanks in advance for whoever reads this and for even having a site like this in the first place.  

I look forward to exploring the site and potentially getting to know some of you more in the future.

-Raya

Hi Raya,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you endured a trauma that led you here, but do know you will find tons of support. The struggles we go thru as survivors is just as unfair as the trauma itself, but I am glad you found us and decided to reach out. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you navigate this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: