Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Don’t know where to start

Kc7

I’m not really sure what to say . I need people to talk to that know and understand all of the thoughts, feeling and complications I’m going through because of my abuse. The people around me don’t understand how hard it all is or the kind of support I need. I feel alone in this battle right now and hope I can just find people to talk to here. 

Hello.

please know you are not alone. I felt like you, when I found AS I was welcome into a place of safety, understanding and respect.

Everyone here has been very friendly and supportive. Don’t be afraid to ask for help either with your problems or using the site.

Take your time, look around. 

Thank you! I want to make sure I would like to speak to other women here who relate to physical, and mental abuse. I don’t want to post anything in the wrong place and trigger or upset anyone. I would like to be open about what has happened and where I’m at now. 

Have a look through all the different sections, then the sub sections, hopefully you can figure out where to put your posts/reach out.

there is an option when writing a post to include Trigger Words. I tend to type out what I want to say (in my notes on my phone) then read it back and make a note of TW’s to include. 

if you put anything in the wrong place, I think the moderators can move it (am unsure though) someone from AS will be in touch and can answer any questions you may have.

i have been here a few months and am still finding parts I haven’t seen before etc.

i must say I have ‘met’ some amazing people who inspire me and give me hope.

you aren’t alone :)

Welcome @Kc7 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Kc7 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here but I hope that as you navigate the site, you will begin to find some healing and support. I saw that you made a comment about wanting to connect with other women and I wanted to let you know that there is a Female Survivors forum that is password protected so only females can enter. If you're interested, I can PM you the password - just let me know if you want it! 

It can be a bit intimidating to post here, but I want to assure you that you can be as open as you need to be. Like @Running said, just be sure to include those Trigger Warnings on posts that might be overly graphic or cause a trigger to someone else. If you are unsure if you should post something or don't know where to post it, you can always PM me and I can read it for you and help you out :) 

I hope this helps! If you need me, I'm here! 

Hugs if you want them,
Poppy

Hi @Kc7

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that brought you here, but I''m glad you found the site.  We are all here to support each other and you will never be alone here.  Sometimes talking and sharing with other survivors can be really helpful for the healing process. You are welcome to post whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do.  

15 hours ago, Kc7 said:

I’m not really sure what to say . I need people to talk to that know and understand all of the thoughts, feeling and complications I’m going through because of my abuse. The people around me don’t understand how hard it all is or the kind of support I need. I feel alone in this battle right now and hope I can just find people to talk to here. 

Hi Kc7,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but do know you will find tons of support. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. We accept you and validate your experience. It takes a lot of courage to reach out. I wish you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: