Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi!

Hi, everyone, I'm new here (obviously), not sure what to say, I'm a little bit nervous. I feel like I've been running away from myself and my life for a while, but recently I decided to seek support, but it's so scary to do it in "real" life. 

Also, I remember using forums when I was younger, talking about everything and nothing, making friends with people of all kinds, feeling like I belonged somewhere. This is obviously a different kind of forum, but I think it'll be good for me to finally talk with people who understand me. 

So thank you for reading this! 

Hey.

firstly, I am sorry that you have experienced something that has brought you here. I have been here a few months and have found some wonderful people to talk to. Everyone here is very supportive, no judgements and there is always someone who will listen.

took me a bit of time to get used to the site, take ur time with it, if you have any questions someone will normally be around.

:)

Welcome @cymagray to After Silence.  You are new here and it's a sensitive topic so it makes sense to be nervous.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@cymagray,

I'm sorry for what you've been through. Like @8888 said it makes sense that you are nervous. It's hard to make that first connection and show your vulnrability. It takes a lot of courage for someone to come forward and admitt what they have been through. 

AS is a wonderful place to find people who understand and who you can talk to without fear of  judgement. Share if and when you're ready to, as much or as little as you're comfortable with.  

Dawn

Dear  @Cyclamen

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you  need it

23 hours ago, cymagray said:

Hi, everyone, I'm new here (obviously), not sure what to say, I'm a little bit nervous. I feel like I've been running away from myself and my life for a while, but recently I decided to seek support, but it's so scary to do it in "real" life. 

Also, I remember using forums when I was younger, talking about everything and nothing, making friends with people of all kinds, feeling like I belonged somewhere. This is obviously a different kind of forum, but I think it'll be good for me to finally talk with people who understand me. 

So thank you for reading this! 

Hi cymagray,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you've been thru and the struggles you face. It was not fair to you. It is understandable to be nervous, as reaching out for support and understanding can be...but you will find more comfort with doing so as you look around and see that you can relate to others and others can relate to you. This is a survivor's forum, yes, but we do have some there are off topic areas, if you prefer as well. I personally spent much of my first few months in the games area. It's up to you tho. Take your time and you will find your own pace in how you would like to interact. I wish you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to After Silence.

I'm very sorry you have a reason to be here, but this is a kind and supportive community full of understanding people.  You have come to a good place.  There is no need to be nervous, everybody here knows about the pain of abuse.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi, @cymagray - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm also hoping that you will feel you have found somewhere you belong because you ARE welcome here! I want to commend you on reaching out for support - that is not an easy thing to do but you did it. It's okay to be nervous, but I want you to know that you have found a very loving and supportive community here. 

I hope you can make new friends here like you remember from when you were younger. Post when you feel ready - we are waiting with open arms! 

Best,
Poppy