Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new.

Please call me milkyway. I hope I get to find some peace with my own assault. It's terrifying to put myself up online about something so personal. I've kept my experience hidden from nearly everyone for a very long time; I hope I don't have to be afraid anymore to share my experience. 

Welcome @milkyway to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear @milkyway

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need any thing 

6 hours ago, milkyway said:

Please call me milkyway. I hope I get to find some peace with my own assault. It's terrifying to put myself up online about something so personal. I've kept my experience hidden from nearly everyone for a very long time; I hope I don't have to be afraid anymore to share my experience. 

Hi Milkyway,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you experienced an assault, but do know that you have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. It isn't easy to reach out, so give yourself a lot of credit for taking that first step. Do know that this is a safe site and your privacy is protected. What you decide to share and when is all up to you. We will never pressure or judge you. Take your time and look around. Reading can be very helpful to. You will see you are not alone. I wish you the best as you begin to walk this path of healing.

:notalone:

Hi @milkyway,

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but I can assure you this is a kind and supportive community.  

You definitely don't need to be afraid to share about your experience here.  We all know how scary it is to do so, but if your experience is like mine, it was a huge release and step towards healing.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops