Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I am new here, and wanted to say hello.  I have been holding this in for far too long, and needed an outlet and a way to connect with other people who have experienced this sort of trauma.  I have isolated myself because of fear, and I just want to stop being afraid.  I have been too afraid to talk openly about what happened to me with anyone, and have told only three people about what happened.  I have trouble connecting with people emotionally because of my experience, and find myself clinging to those who know my "secret."  I just want to unburden myself of this traumatic experience and learn to live a healthy life despite it.  I joined because I felt like this would be a great way to connect with other people who understand me and what I went through.  I just want to feel whole again.  

Thank you for having me.  :)

Hi, @melissastarr88 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I am sorry you are carrying such a heavy load right now, but I want you to know that you are not alone and you can share whatever you need to here. This is a safe space full of love and support and people that want to help you navigate through your healing journey. 

You don't have to share anything that you are not ready to share, but when you do feel ready to take that step, we will all be here for you! Take your time looking around and getting familiar with the site. If you should have any questions or if you run into any problems, please let me know! I'm here for you :) 

I'm sending you the warmest welcome and the safest hugs if you'd like them :hug:

Happy thoughts,
Poppy

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you've endured. It wasn't right or fair. You will find tons of support here in our little community. It's not easy to open up and often times people just don't understand. You are right, those who have walked in similiar shoes do understand. Take your time to look around. When you are ready, feel free to jump in. I wish you the best as you navigate this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear Melissa 

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @melissastarr88

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  It can be hard to hold all your pain inside and keep it away from everyone.  Sometimes talking and sharing with other survivors can be really helpful for the healing process.  Healing is a difficult process, but it is possible and you will heal.  I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I do.