New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Snowy

Hello, I am a survivor of rape and sexual abuse. I posted my story on another forum and received a pm from a member of that forum a link to this one.

I do have a question from looking at several threads. I have noticed that some of the titles have the word trigger in them and am wondering what this means?

Trigger warning or *T* means that if you are discribing your assult or things directly related to it that may cause others to think of their own assult etc. It's a warning incase they cannot handle reading about other abuse at that moment.

welcome to AS!!!!!!

:greet::dance::dance::dance:

-kristine

Hi Snowy,

Welcome to After Silence :hug::hug:

Meg xx

Welcome to AS!

Kelly

Trigger warning or *T* means that if you are discribing your assult or things directly related to it that may cause others to think of their own assult etc. It's a warning incase they cannot handle reading about other abuse at that moment.

Thank you for explaining what it means. I will use it from now if if I feel I need to.

Thank you all for being so welcoming :hug:

Edited by Snowy