Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Snowy

Hello, I am a survivor of rape and sexual abuse. I posted my story on another forum and received a pm from a member of that forum a link to this one.

I do have a question from looking at several threads. I have noticed that some of the titles have the word trigger in them and am wondering what this means?

Trigger warning or *T* means that if you are discribing your assult or things directly related to it that may cause others to think of their own assult etc. It's a warning incase they cannot handle reading about other abuse at that moment.

welcome to AS!!!!!!

:greet::dance::dance::dance:

-kristine

Hi Snowy,

Welcome to After Silence :hug::hug:

Meg xx

Welcome to AS!

Kelly

Trigger warning or *T* means that if you are discribing your assult or things directly related to it that may cause others to think of their own assult etc. It's a warning incase they cannot handle reading about other abuse at that moment.

Thank you for explaining what it means. I will use it from now if if I feel I need to.

Thank you all for being so welcoming :hug:

Edited by Snowy