Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, new here. Feeling overwhelmed, wanting to connect

Hi redadmirals,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you find yourself here, but do know that you will find tons of support. Our community is filled with understanding and kind members. You do not have to reveal your first name. Many members will only go by the user name they pick and that is ok. Do know you are validated and worthy of healing. You are not alone. Take your time and look around the site. When you are ready and comfortable, feel free to jump in.

I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

20 hours ago, redadmirals said:

Hi,

I don't really know what to say. I don't know if to disclose my name. This is really difficult. 

I am new here. Typing makes me cry but I know I am ready and wanting to heal- and connect with others to do so.

Dear @redadmirals

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Welcome to AS Redadmirals.

I am sorry for what brought you here but we are glad to see you. Please don't worry about your name. Like Mary said most people use their handle names. If you need anything at all we are here to help you.

Take safe care.

Fieldy

Hello redadmirals, how are you? I hope you are okay.

I'm sorry about what brought you here. It was not your fault.

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. You are not alone. 

I think it is great that you want to connect and break isolation.

Take care.

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  There's no need to disclose your name here really, I never have.  

Hi, @redadmirals -

Welcome to After Silence. I'm so sorry you're hurting so much right now :( I know how hard this stuff is to deal with, but you've made a HUGE step in joining this website! It's not an easy thing to do to put yourself out there like this. As far as disclosing your name - that's entirely up to you. If you feel comfortable and you want to, sharing your first name is absolutely alright! If you would rather stay anonymous, that's okay too. We have a mix here of people that share their names and people that are anonymous. 

Take your time looking around the forums and post when you feel ready. You can make those healing connections here - I promise :) If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me! It's what I'm here for.

Wising you the best,
Poppy

Hi and welcome!

I  know it  can  be scary.  But  please  know you  are in supportive hands.  

I injured my hand the  other  day in  a  fall  but  please know we  are here  for  you. 

hope49

Welcome to AS. I completely understand how difficult it was to come on here and start this process. When I joined I was crying and shaking. But being here has really helped me connect and understand that I'm not alone. It was very brave of you to join. Take your time telling your story and if you need anything know that there are people here to help you. Wishing you luck.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi redadmirals,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you find yourself here, but do know that you will find tons of support. Our community is filled with understanding and kind members. You do not have to reveal your first name. Many members will only go by the user name they pick and that is ok. Do know you are validated and worthy of healing. You are not alone. Take your time and look around the site. When you are ready and comfortable, feel free to jump in.

I wish you the very best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you Mary

I really appreciate your kind words. It feels so nice to be in a place of support and understanding.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:32 AM, missfrier said:

Dear @redadmirals

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Thank you @missfrier

I can feel that sense of support and family, thank you. Hugs to you too

On 9/23/2019 at 1:05 AM, Field8 said:

Welcome to AS Redadmirals.

I am sorry for what brought you here but we are glad to see you. Please don't worry about your name. Like Mary said most people use their handle names. If you need anything at all we are here to help you.

Take safe care.

Fieldy

Thank you Fieldy @Field8

Means a lot. I would say more but I right now I don't have them. Thank you

On 9/23/2019 at 3:26 AM, Minerba said:

Hello redadmirals, how are you? I hope you are okay.

I'm sorry about what brought you here. It was not your fault.

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. You are not alone. 

I think it is great that you want to connect and break isolation.

Take care.

Hi @Minerba

I appreciate your words. I'm overwhelmed, I know this isn't the place to share my story and I won't. But it's nice to not feel alone because outside of here I do. And I feel really really really sad . Thank you

On 9/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, 8888 said:

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  There's no need to disclose your name here really, I never have.  

@8888 thank you so much, I may definitely take you up on that I appreciate it

On 9/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, Poppy_ said:

Hi, @redadmirals -

Welcome to After Silence. I'm so sorry you're hurting so much right now :( I know how hard this stuff is to deal with, but you've made a HUGE step in joining this website! It's not an easy thing to do to put yourself out there like this. As far as disclosing your name - that's entirely up to you. If you feel comfortable and you want to, sharing your first name is absolutely alright! If you would rather stay anonymous, that's okay too. We have a mix here of people that share their names and people that are anonymous. 

Take your time looking around the forums and post when you feel ready. You can make those healing connections here - I promise :) If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me! It's what I'm here for.

Wising you the best,
Poppy

@Poppy_Poppy thank you. I will take you guys up on that. Thank you so much

21 hours ago, Hope49 said:

Hi and welcome!

I  know it  can  be scary.  But  please  know you  are in supportive hands.  

I injured my hand the  other  day in  a  fall  but  please know we  are here  for  you. 

hope49

Oh no. I hope your hand heals quickly and fully. Thank you so much @Hope49

20 hours ago, .alone. said:

Welcome to AS. I completely understand how difficult it was to come on here and start this process. When I joined I was crying and shaking. But being here has really helped me connect and understand that I'm not alone. It was very brave of you to join. Take your time telling your story and if you need anything know that there are people here to help you. Wishing you luck.

@.alone. It's really nice to know you understand thank you, I'm sorry you (and all of you guys) had to experience something also. :( But thank you. So much 

The first step to healing is always the hardest. I'm so sorry about what happened but I am happy you've found a safe place to talk, you'll find so much support on this site. 

Take your time to share what you feel comfortable with, when you are ready. There is no pressure and no expectations here