Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Sketcher

Dear @Sketcher 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

7 hours ago, Sketcher said:

I am new here. And not good at talking in person. So I’m in hope writing something might be useful but I’m not feeling very hopeful about much right now. I’m not in a good spot. 

@Sketcher

Welcome to AS, I'm sorry that you are struggling right now.  

I hope you can find some peace in knowing this is a safe place to share what you are feeling , and there are some wonderful people here who are willing to sit with you and listen, or offer safe hugs and encouragement. 

Sitting with you, if you would like. 

Dawn

Hi, @Sketcher - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry you're hurting right now :( I'm also not very good at talking in person, but I find that writing here is much easier. I blog a lot and I have found that to be so safe and healing for me! It may be worth looking into for you if you're interested! 

I do want you to know that this is a safe place where you can share whatever you need to. The community here is so supportive and loving - you are safe here. And when you're ready to share or when you need that support, we will all be here with open arms. 

I hope you're finding your way around the site okay. If you need help or even just a friend, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! My inbox in always open for you :notalone:

Sending hugs if you want them,
Poppy :hug:

AS is one of the best outlets I have had. Along with the support of people here and my T I feel I am moving in the right direction.

i am sorry that you have had to find AS, but, I hope it can offer you light in times of darkness.

Reach out anytime 

Hi @Sketcher

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  I too find it easier to share things here than in person.  Connecting with other survivors can be really helpful in the healing process.  You are never alone here.  

12 hours ago, Sketcher said:

I am new here. And not good at talking in person. So I’m in hope writing something might be useful but I’m not feeling very hopeful about much right now. I’m not in a good spot. 

Hi Sketcher,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you've been thru, but you have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. You are not alone. You are welcome to take your time and look around. Jump in when you feel ready.

Can I ask I ask if your user name indicates if you are an artist in some way? If so, do know we have a Creativity forum that allows you to share, if you are comfortable to do so. I do find many survivors can express themselves in many creative ways. If you are not, that is ok, too. We accept you for you.

I am very glad you decided to join our community and wish you well on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi,

Thanks to you all for your welcoming support, much appreciated. 

Poppy_ I don’t know much about blogging but I am interested to look at the idea more. Thanks for the suggestion.

MeBeMary - I’ll be sure to checkout the creativity forum. I haven’t done much for quite a while now but I do like to draw. 

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.