Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new and THANK YOU

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Matt.  I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to be here.  I don't even know if what happened to me in February can even be considered as "abuse" (although I have been told by a counselor that it is), but I'm just glad to be here where I can eventually tell my experience of being "hurt" by my (now EX-) best friend and who left me feeling confused, hurt, angry, sad, alone, embarrassed, and yes, even guilty.  

Please allow me to settle in for a bit and get the full understanding of "After Silence", and I will tell my experience.

THANK YOU, again, for allowing me to be here.  I am so happy to have found this area that I am literally shaking.  

matt 

Welcome, Matt!  I'm very sorry you were hurt recently and have a reason to be here, but I'm really glad you found the site and are feeling so good about being here.  It really is a kindhearted place full of friends to support you. :aswelcomesu::notalone:

Hi Matt,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for what happened to you in February. It is never right to be hurt in this way. Do know, second-guessing is common, as is all the other things you mention, is as well. Abuse is difficult to process and understand. Take your time and look around the site. There is never any pressure on you to interact before you feel ready. I wish you the best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi Matt!!!

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry to hear you've encountered abuse by your best friend.  That's never a nice thing to hear when a new member introduces themselves.  I am glad though, that he is now a former friend.  

I do, however, want to say you're in a truly warm, embracing community where support and kindness is unwavering.  I hope that being here provides you peace, comfort and healing.

I'm glad to hear you'll look around some before posting .  Take all the time you need. :)  Your story will not go anywhere - when you're ready to share, we will be here to listen and to support.

Sending my best wishes.
Capulet

Dear Matt 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Hi Matt, and welcome.  I know what you mean about happy and shaking—it is a big step to start intentionally seeking out places and people who will support and “see” you.  It’s powerful and new, and exciting.  Congrats on reaching out for what you need!

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome, Matt. 

I am so sorry for what you've experienced. 

All of the feelings you mentioned are common among survivors. Like @MeBeMary said, second guessing is also prevalent. I hope this reassures you to know you are not alone.

Amy 

Hi, @mattzigzagu - 

Welcome to After Silence! I am sorry you have been hurt and have a reason to join, but I, too, am glad you found us :) I'm also sorry you're dealing with so much pain and hurt right now - I know how hard that is. 

Take your time looking around the site and share as much or as little as you desire in your own time. We will all be here to support you when you are ready! If you should need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! I am here all the time and my door is always open. 

Sending you happy thoughts,
Poppy

Welcome Matt! 

I'm sorry for the abuse your faced in your past.  You did not deserve to be treated that way and it was not your fault.  We are all here to support each other.  Take your time getting comfortable and then post whenever you are ready.  I'm looking forward to seeing you around the site.  Wishing you the best.