Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m New Here

Tater95

Hello! I have always wanted to connect with people online who have been through similar trauma as what I’ve been through. I’m excited to see how this works! I hope that I can learn from all of you and I hope I can add some support to anyone who needs it.

Terrible, unfair things happen in life. We are often left with shattered hearts as a result of someone else’s selfishness; but, I believe that we can use every bad thing to our advantage. We have a gift now. We have the ability to empathize with others on a deeper level in certain situations. We also can appreciate the good things in life more because we have experienced the dark side of it. Everything is about perspective.

Edited by Tater95

Dear @Tater95:

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Tater95

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site. This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  It is often true that survivors have a strong sense of empathy.  Healing is hard, but when we do make it through to the other side, I believe we become better, stronger people.  I look forward to seeing you around the site.  Hope you find it to be as helpful as I do.  

15 hours ago, Tater95 said:

Hello! I have always wanted to connect with people online who have been through similar trauma as what I’ve been through. I’m excited to see how this works! I hope that I can learn from all of you and I hope I can add some support to anyone who needs it.

Terrible, unfair things happen in life. We are often left with shattered hearts as a result of someone else’s selfishness; but, I believe that we can use every bad thing to our advantage. We have a gift now. We have the ability to empathize with others on a deeper level in certain situations. We also can appreciate the good things in life more because we have experienced the dark side of it. Everything is about perspective.

Hi Tater,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the traumatic experiences that bring you here, but be assured that this is a very supportive site. Our members are truly understanding and kind...and you seem to be, from your intro. Feel free to look around and jump in when you are comfortable and ready. I wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi, @Tater95 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad you feel you have found a supportive community. I never knew places like this existed before I joined! It has been such a wonderful tool in my healing and I'm hoping you will feel the same way :) There are so many people on here with so many different stories, but we all understand the hurt and we all understand the courage it takes to reach out. I'm proud of you for making that first step to reach out! 

You are absolutely right about perspective. Your perspective can make or break you sometimes. It seems like you have a pretty good idea of how to use your pain to help others and that is truly amazing :hug:

I hope you're feeling welcome here and getting well acquainted! If you should need assistance or even just a friend, I'm just a PM away! Feel free to reach out any time! 

Best wishes,
Poppy

39 minutes ago, Tater95 said:

I’m not sure how to respond to everyone individually, but thank you all for the welcoming posts! I feel at home already. :)

For a box like this, hit quote under the member's response. If you like multiple boxes in one reply, hit the + mark under each member replying to. It will give you a space between each, so you can say something back to them.

Or...you can tag by using the @ sign and the member's name.  If I @Tater95, you will pop up in a blue box.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, MeBeMary said:

For a box like this, hit quote under the member's response. If you like multiple boxes in one reply, hit the + mark under each member replying to. It will give you a space between each, so you can say something back to them.

Or...you can tag by using the @ sign and the member's name.  If I @Tater95, you will pop up in a blue box.

Oh ok! That makes sense. Thank you for explaining that!

On 9/13/2019 at 2:03 PM, Poppy_ said:

Hi, @Tater95 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad you feel you have found a supportive community. I never knew places like this existed before I joined! It has been such a wonderful tool in my healing and I'm hoping you will feel the same way :) There are so many people on here with so many different stories, but we all understand the hurt and we all understand the courage it takes to reach out. I'm proud of you for making that first step to reach out! 

You are absolutely right about perspective. Your perspective can make or break you sometimes. It seems like you have a pretty good idea of how to use your pain to help others and that is truly amazing :hug:

I hope you're feeling welcome here and getting well acquainted! If you should need assistance or even just a friend, I'm just a PM away! Feel free to reach out any time! 

Best wishes,
Poppy

Thank you! I’ve been in my healing process for a little over two years now. I’ve had a lot of help from my mom and my boyfriend. They have really helped me with the whole perspective aspect. I don’t know what I would have done without them. 

I am feeling welcome here so far! Thank you for your response. :)