Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Dawn76

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just learning my way around. Forgive me if i've placed this in the wrong area. 

I'm a survivor, at least i'm trying to be. I hate the word victim.  I am hopeing to find people to talk to that have been in my situation and can offer support and understanding.   Thank you for allowing me to join your community. 

Hi @Dawn76

Welcome to AS!  Thanks for the introduction.  You are a survivor.  The trauma you have experienced in your life does not define you.  Remember you have survived every day since then, so you are pretty strong and brave.  Here, at AS we are all here to support each other.  Take some time looking around the forums and post whenever you feel comfortable.  I'm looking forward to seeing you around the site.  Hope you end up finding it as helpful as I do.  

Dear @Dawn76 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Thank you both for your kind words.  I am greatful there is a place to come to am tell my story.  I have a counselor. Shes amazing but she can only do so much to help me. 

Here i know there are others that are like me. That know how it feels and can understand. 

Welcome to the community, @Dawn76! Like @snmls said, you are a survivor. You got up today and every day before that and survived. You are not defined by what happened to you, and no one here will ever judge you for what's happened to you. We are more than happy to have you here. Please feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable sharing when you are ready and remember that you are safe now. Sending you lots of safe, welcoming hugs, if okay.

4 hours ago, Dawn76 said:

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just learning my way around. Forgive me if i've placed this in the wrong area. 

I'm a survivor, at least i'm trying to be. I hate the word victim.  I am hopeing to find people to talk to that have been in my situation and can offer support and understanding.   Thank you for allowing me to join your community. 

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. This community is filled with understanding and kind survivors. Survivors like you! I am glad you found the courage to join us, reaching out is such a very big step. I wish you many more forward steps as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.