Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi all! I’m so grateful to have found this forum. I’m a young survivor, only 18 and still in my senior year of high school. I’ve been struggling a lot recently, what I went through almost two years ago was so traumatic. But it seems as if I haven’t been hit with the true gut-wrenching emotions that comes with it, until just now. I’ve been sad and in pain for a long time don’t get me wrong. However, the actual reality is just settling in and I really feel like I have nobody to talk to. Those closest to me judge me, or say that it they don’t want to hear about it because it hurts them too much, or others use the details I’ve shared with them against me. I just want a safe place where I can listen to and share without judgement with those who can better understand what I’ve been through, what I’m going through, and what’s to come. I never expected for one aspect of my life to effect just about everything else in my life, but it has so here I am. Also never expected to feel the crippling shame that surrounds it, even as a victim. 

I can’t help but say that I am excited to seek help from this community here and I’m ever so grateful for it. Thank you. 

Dear @lilyhailey

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!!

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here and to hear that people around you are judgemental.  I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @lilyhailey!

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm so sorry to learn of the trauma you've experienced 2 years ago.  I'm so glad you've found us, though.  You are in a safe, judgement-free zone, here.  SO many of us have been through the very same painful feeling of being alone - I am hoping you will see that is not the case here in this community.  The folks here are very kind and understanding and truly can relate.  It is my sincerest hope that the connections you're likely to make while visiting will leave you feeling that healing is entirely possible.  

I do hope you will stick around!  Please take your time looking around.  We do have a forum for teens and young adult survivors, even though trauma has affected us all and what you're feeling is relatable by members of all ages.  I wish you peace, comfort and healing.

If you ever need any help with anything or have any questions, you may reach out to me anytime. :)

My best wishes to you!

Capulet

hi @lilyhailey

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for what you've been through to bring you here but I'm glad you've found us. I'm sure you'll see that AS is a kind and caring community full of support for everyone. 

Read through the forums and post when you feel ready and comfortable and we'll be here to listen.

Safe hugs if ok :hug:

vit

hi @lilyhailey

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced in your life, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other.  It will take time, but you will heal.  I look forward to seeing you around the site, and I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do. 

Hi lilyhailey,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured almost two years ago. There is no valid excuse for anyone to hurt another this way. You will find tons of support here and you are not alone. I think many of us feel this way when they first come here. There is nothing worse than that feeling of isolation, even if it has been spoken about. Most people don't truly understand, unless they go thru something similar.

This is a great place to be among others who do understand and will never judge you. You can look around, without pressure, and jump in where and when you are comfortable. Your pace is your own. I do wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing. 

Mary

:notalone: 

@lilyhailey

I'm very new here, as well. You'll like it here. The support is strong and everyone is kind.

I have the same issues wanting to talk to "real world" friends but finding they either don't want to hear or don't understand.

But you are *heard* and *understood* here. 

Welcome!

Hi, @lilyhailey -

Welcome to After Silence! I am so sorry for the trauma you had to endure and I am also sorry that you have no one in your personal life supporting you or helping you. I know for me, this site has been the most helpful to me as far as support goes. We are all here to help you find a place of healing! 

I hope as you get acquainted here, you will see how truly wonderful this community is. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me! I’m also here if you just need a friend or someone to vent to :) 

Sending happy thoughts,

Poppy :hug:

Hey, @lilyhailey! Welcome to the community. I am truly sorry for the horrible event that brought you here, and I understand the pain taking a while to show itself. This is a safe place full of fellow survivors happy to offer you support as you heal. I am truly sorry to hear that you feel judged by others and that some use painful details against you. You deserve understanding and kindness as you process what happened to you. We are here to support you and be here for you. I wish you the best and look forward to getting to know you better. Sending safe hugs and comfort, if okay. :bighug: :comfort::bighug: 

Edited by Mave

Hello lilyhailey, how are you today? I hope you are okay.

I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was certainly not your fault. 

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. 

I'm sorry many people have not been supportive of you. This is a place where you can express yourself and be safe. You are not alone.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. I like meditating, yoga, walking, writing in my journal. I take magnesium for my anxiety. What do you think could be helpful for you?

May you be well.