Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Thank you all for being here...a trapped lightbug saying hi to you all

Lightbug

Hi to you all...

It has taken me an extremely long time to find my way to some support. Maybe after pushing everything away for so long and pushing human contact away... and then trying to feel human again and re enter life has made me realize that I am truly broken in some ways. I wanted to attempt to say hi.. and to thank you for having a place like this.. somewhere anonymous that people can seek out and maybe find some gentle comfort in that we are not all alone. Somewhere that will accept peoples struggles and pain yet try to lift them up and help people regain some footing in this crazy world. I try to take things one day at a time.. sometimes one moment at a time..  and sometimes even that doesn't always work.  Music has been a true gift to me... whether it is upbeat and fun songs.. or some of the angrier alternative songs that seems to know some of the things I have been through... I like to turn it up loud sometimes and it can help me breathe... I am still reading through everything here.. and I love to read so I will try and take my time going through some things. I want to make sure I take good care not to do anything accidentally harmful to others and be a good listener and poster here. One of the things that often happens to me is that I get overwhelmed easily... and I can be very quiet.  Thank you for being here.. and thank you for helping me find connection in this world...

Would just like to send out some good energy to everyone right now if that is ok..... and if you have taken the time to read this.. I appreciate it... thank you for being here and thank you for listening to others .. and for wanting to be supportive when you are in pain as well...

Welcome to After Silence, @Lightbug!!!  I'm sorry that circumstances have had you searching for a safe place for a while now, but am glad you've found your way here.  This is truly a wonderful community, and although I'm sad your experiences have made life a bit more frustrating, I'm hopeful that being here will make things easier.  The people are lovely, kind, patient, and most of all, supportive.  So many can relate to how you are feeling, and even though we don't like to know such pain exists, it's a comfort to know we're not alone.

Take your time looking around...when you're ready, feel free to jump in! :)  

Again, welcome.  Wishing you well in your healing processes, and am looking forward to getting to know you.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Dear @Lightbug

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  Also, since you like music you should check out our music forum under amusement alcove. 

hi @Lightbug

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what brought you here but I'm glad you found us. This is a kind and supportive community and it sounds like you'll fit right in! Read lots and post whenever you are ready.

Looking forward to getting to know you

vit

Welcome @Lightbug

I'm glad you found the site.  We are all here to support each other and you will never be alone here.  Take your time getting comfortable when the forums and post whenever you feel ready.  I look forward to seeing you around the site and hope you end up finding the forums as helpful as I do. 

12 hours ago, Lightbug said:

Hi to you all...

It has taken me an extremely long time to find my way to some support. Maybe after pushing everything away for so long and pushing human contact away... and then trying to feel human again and re enter life has made me realize that I am truly broken in some ways. I wanted to attempt to say hi.. and to thank you for having a place like this.. somewhere anonymous that people can seek out and maybe find some gentle comfort in that we are not all alone. Somewhere that will accept peoples struggles and pain yet try to lift them up and help people regain some footing in this crazy world. I try to take things one day at a time.. sometimes one moment at a time..  and sometimes even that doesn't always work.  Music has been a true gift to me... whether it is upbeat and fun songs.. or some of the angrier alternative songs that seems to know some of the things I have been through... I like to turn it up loud sometimes and it can help me breathe... I am still reading through everything here.. and I love to read so I will try and take my time going through some things. I want to make sure I take good care not to do anything accidentally harmful to others and be a good listener and poster here. One of the things that often happens to me is that I get overwhelmed easily... and I can be very quiet.  Thank you for being here.. and thank you for helping me find connection in this world...

Would just like to send out some good energy to everyone right now if that is ok..... and if you have taken the time to read this.. I appreciate it... thank you for being here and thank you for listening to others .. and for wanting to be supportive when you are in pain as well...

Hi Lightbug,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the reason you find yourself here, but you have found a very supportive site. Actually everything you describe in what you are looking for is often what I tell new members, when I greet and welcome them to our community. There is never pressure or judgment, so go along as what you are comfortable with.

It is very nice that you are so conscientious from your very first post. I am not thinking you will say anything harmful to others, but you are welcome to use our trigger warnings, if you feel anything you say can be upsetting to some. Everyone tolerance level is different and their triggers can be different. We just ask to use your best judgment with this. (If you haven't read the thread explaining trigger warnings, I've attached it below). I appreciate your you being so considerate from the start. :)

I wish you the very best as you walk your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Issuing trigger warnings thread--CLICK HERE

Hi @Lightbug Glad you found AS. I love lightbugs, here on East coast u.s. we call them Lightning bugs. When I was a kid I remember tons of lightning bugs out on summer nights, shining their tiny specks of light, made evenings so magical. Hope you find lots of support here to keep shining your light...

feralcat