Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First post

Cryingred

Just saying hello. New here. 

Ive recebtly become a single mom to three amazing kids two with disabilities

I have two boston terriers a 2 pound chiuahua and a Maltese mix. I much prefer the company of animals to people 

I work 3rd shift and love my job surprisingly I run machine and computer system at a laboratory. 

That's about all I know to say haha thanks for having me

Hi, @Cryingred - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have recently become a single mother, I'm sure that can't be easy. You have come to a good place for support though! 

Feel free to look around at the forums and get comfortable with everything, and jump in when you feel ready! We're a super welcoming community :)

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

7 minutes ago, moongoddess said:

Yay lab work!! I also work in a lab, and people always say "Don't you miss human interaction?" And I reply "I prefer my microscope ;) "

Welcome to AS! 

I dont work on the research end of things unfortunately. 

Some nights id much prefer to be alone over there vs in my area. I dont have to interact with many people thankfully. And the ones i do tend to have to are all great. Ive got the option to only interact with my direct team lead of needed  as my job doesn't entail a lot of further interaction. Its good for those nights im just not in the mood for people. 

Thanks for the welcome 

6 minutes ago, Poppy_ said:

Hi, @Cryingred - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have recently become a single mother, I'm sure that can't be easy. You have come to a good place for support though! 

Feel free to look around at the forums and get comfortable with everything, and jump in when you feel ready! We're a super welcoming community :)

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Thank you 

Hi @Cryingred

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you decided to join the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other.  I also prefer the company of animals as opposed to humans.  Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing you around the site. 

Dear @Cryingred 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Welcome, @Cryingred. I'm sorry that you come here under these circumstances, but I am also so happy to hear about the beautiful life you have to enjoy. Please look around and feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable sharing. We are all here to support you and validate your experience, and you deserve that support and validation. Here if you ever need anything!

By the way, I love your username. It's very unique, and that's my favorite color. Again, welcome to our community! Be proud for taking such a bold step in your healing. :throb:

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

9 hours ago, snmls said:

Hi @Cryingred

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you decided to join the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other.  I also prefer the company of animals as opposed to humans.  Wishing you the best and looking forward to seeing you around the site. 

Thank you for the welcome.  

7 hours ago, missfrier said:

Dear @Cryingred 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Talkng about it ia impossible. Writing is easier. I can pretend im writing a story about someone else. It helps it come out easier. 

Thanks for the welcome. Looking foward to getting to know everyone

7 hours ago, ShatteredSouI said:

@cryingred welcome to AS!  I hope you can find safety and guidance here.  The people here are  amazing and it’s nice to have others to talk to any time of the day or night.  

Thank you

6 hours ago, Mave said:

Welcome, @Cryingred. I'm sorry that you come here under these circumstances, but I am also so happy to hear about the beautiful life you have to enjoy. Please look around and feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable sharing. We are all here to support you and validate your experience, and you deserve that support and validation. Here if you ever need anything!

By the way, I love your username. It's very unique, and that's my favorite color. Again, welcome to our community! Be proud for taking such a bold step in your healing. :throb:

Red is one of my favorite colors. Idk where the name came from. It just popped in my head during registration. It fits for my mind frame. 

One day I hope to be comfortable enough to share my experiences. 

For now just knowing im not alone and have people that I can talk to helps tremendously

1 hour ago, 8888 said:

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Thank you 

8 hours ago, Cryingred said:

Red is one of my favorite colors. Idk where the name came from. It just popped in my head during registration. It fits for my mind frame. 

One day I hope to be comfortable enough to share my experiences. 

For now just knowing im not alone and have people that I can talk to helps tremendously

You’re welcome, @Cryingred. And you’ll get there. Take your time and share when you’re ready. There’s no rush, but I’m really glad you feel the desire to share. When I let it out, I felt better. I hope you will too when you feel the time is right for you. We are all here to listen to you, and you are never alone in this. Take care!

On 9/3/2019 at 11:27 AM, Cryingred said:

Just saying hello. New here. 

Ive recebtly become a single mom to three amazing kids two with disabilities

I have two boston terriers a 2 pound chiuahua and a Maltese mix. I much prefer the company of animals to people 

I work 3rd shift and love my job surprisingly I run machine and computer system at a laboratory. 

That's about all I know to say haha thanks for having me

Hi Cryingred,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what brings you here, but be assured that this is a very supportive community. Our members are understanding and kind. I too, prefer the company of animals...tho I am only allowed one in my condo. I love my cat Shyla to pieces, as I am sure you do your brood of pups!

Being a newly single mom of three, including two with disabilities must be a handful. A mother's love is the most important ingredient in handling challenges tho...which I can tell you do! 

I am glad you reached out to our little community and wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: