Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :)

Hi I'm Abby, I'm new to the website, I'm only 16 so I never really thought I'd be on something like this but here I am I guess. It's amazing to me that there's a welcoming community like this for something that we don't talk about as a society. Even in school my occurance was brushed off and treated as less than it was with little justice, so after nearly a year I'm seeking help in online forums I suppose. There's not much else for me to say, but I figured a "hello, I'm new here" post was something I should do.

Dear @InfiniteAbby

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Abby,

So glad you're here and have chosen to look for a voice online. I don't know what you've been through, but it doesn't matter. This is a safe, caring place for those of us that have had to endure the shit that has been done to us. The main thing I want to say is that IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!! No matter what, keep that in mind!

So glad you're here!!

Judas

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.

9 hours ago, InfiniteAbby said:

@missfrier I'm genuinely near tears I appreciate this reply so much. Thank you. You made my night, honestly. It's really amazing to know that people are here.

Awe. Big hugs Ur not alone we are all. Behind u. Xxx

15 hours ago, InfiniteAbby said:

Hi I'm Abby, I'm new to the website, I'm only 16 so I never really thought I'd be on something like this but here I am I guess. It's amazing to me that there's a welcoming community like this for something that we don't talk about as a society. Even in school my occurance was brushed off and treated as less than it was with little justice, so after nearly a year I'm seeking help in online forums I suppose. There's not much else for me to say, but I figured a "hello, I'm new here" post was something I should do.

Hi Abby,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so very sorry that you find reason to be here, but I am glad you found us. This is a community of wonderful and supportive members who will not let you feel so alone. What you went thru was wrong and unfair, but I hope you finds the comfort of our community beneficial as you walk your path of healing. You are not alone. I wish you nothing but the very best on that journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi @InfiniteAbby - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry you were brushed off and not taken seriously. I want you to know that everyone here will support you and we all believe in YOU. You are never alone here. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and I hope you find some good support on this site. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to be here for you in any way I possibly can be! Just remember that you DO have a voice and you CAN use it here. :notalone:

Sending happy thoughts,
Poppy

Hi @InfiniteAbby

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for what happened you and I'm sorry that your school did not treat it seriously.  What happened was not your fault and you did not deserve it.  I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and we are all here to support each other.  You welcome to post whenever you feel comfortable.  I look forward to seeing you around the forum, and I hope you end up finding the site as helpful as I do.  

Hello there, @InfiniteAbby! I'd like to offer a bright, sunny welcome to our community. :aswelcomesu:

I am truly sorry what has brought you here and wish that there was more I could do. No one deserves to be treated that way, and you did nothing to ask for it. What happened is not your fault, and you are a person completely and utterly worthy of love, kindness, and respect. I am even more sorry to hear that other people brushed what happened to you off. We are all here to support you, and we will listen to you and not treat it as anything less than significant trauma. We are here to help you. Please let me know if you need anything. Welcome again!