Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! Ɨ

Ā 

Dear @Ijustneedtotalk

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums. Ā We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary. Ā Please don't worry, though;Ā you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members. Ā You'reĀ not alone -Ā we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox. Ā Please feel free to respond to thatĀ PM if you have any questions about theĀ forum or if you need some help finding your wayĀ aroundĀ the site.Ā 

Take careĀ andĀ keep reaching out!!Ā 

Welcome to After Silence.Ā  Iā€™m sorry for what brought you here but Iā€™m happy you are here reaching out for support.Ā  Good job taking this step in your healing process.Ā  You are not alone and what happened to you wasnā€™t your fault.Ā  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.Ā  If you have any questions feel free to message me.Ā 

Hi @Ijustneedtotalk

Welcome to AS.Ā  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.Ā  This is a safe space and you will not be judged here.Ā  We are all here to support each other.Ā  You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable.Ā  I'm sure you will come across many people with similar experiences and feelingsĀ that will help you feel less alone. Reach out whenever you need to share something or if you need advice or validation.Ā  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do.Ā Ā 

Welcome, @Ijustneedtotalk! Iā€™m sorry for what brought you here and wish we could meet under better circumstances. This community is amazing and will support you through the hardest of times and all your doubts. I hope you feel better knowing that. Once again, welcome!

15 hours ago, Ijustneedtotalk said:

Hi there šŸ˜Š

I'm from the UK, and I just needed some place to feel safe to talk about my experiences.Ā 

ā¤ļø

Hi Ijustneedtotalk,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what has brought you here. You are not alone. You will find tons of support. I am wishing you the very best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:Ā 

Hi, Ijustneedtotalk:Ā 

I'm Hope49 and I am glad you joined AS.Ā 

I remember how scared I was to join...my hands shaking as I wrote my introductory email. But I found nothing but support here. I feel like I have a group of friends who actually understand what I am dealing with. I feel like no one in my work/home/personal life does that. So, I work 12 hours a day and then typically do my own thing and remain isolated most weekends.Ā 

I knowĀ  the feeling ofĀ  "just needing to talk". Been having it all week, this week, for some reason. For some reason, one part of my assault--when I was physically attacked while trying to escape--keeps blanketing my mind and I want to talk but no one is around or its not time for therapy.Ā 

Please know I am here if you want to talk...I'm also a good listener. Sitting with you, if that is ok.Ā 

Hope49