Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

👋 hi

Hi, I’ve come here as I don’t know where else to turn to be able to talk about what happened or get advice on what to do (if anything).

Im 36 and a survivor of childhood abuse. I live in the UK, I am a single parent, suffering from ptsd but determined to overcome everything and get to a place where I can enjoy life. 

Just feeling a bit bit stuck at the moment 

Dear @Bubwol2

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hi, @Bubwol2 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you've come here while looking for support - this is definitely the right place for that :) There are several forums on here you can look through and post in when you are ready! It's a great way to talk about whatever you feel you want or need to and you can get some feedback. A lot of us here have personal experience we can offer you as advice or just to help you think of more possibilities. 

You CAN overcome everything. Healing is entirely possible and we are here to help you with that and support you on your journey!  Here's to hoping we can help you feel un-stuck. :notalone:

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Bubwol2

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry about the trauma you have experienced in your life.  You did not deserve it and it wasn't your fault.  You may be feeling a bit stuck right now, and that is completely normal for survivors, but you can and will heal from this.  We are all here to support you.  It will take time, but you will get to a place where you can enjoy life.  You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable.  Reach out if you need advice, validation, or even just a virtual hug.  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do.  

22 hours ago, Bubwol2 said:

Hi, I’ve come here as I don’t know where else to turn to be able to talk about what happened or get advice on what to do (if anything).

Im 36 and a survivor of childhood abuse. I live in the UK, I am a single parent, suffering from ptsd but determined to overcome everything and get to a place where I can enjoy life. 

Just feeling a bit bit stuck at the moment 

Hi Bubwol2,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuse you endured as a child, but you will find tons of support her. I know it can be difficult and feel like struggles always follow you, but things can become better. You will find this site is safe and non-judgmental. We are here for each other thru the difficult times...and the progress and triumphs. It all starts with one step...and I am glad you took that step. I wish you many forward steps on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: