Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m new here

Hi.

I hate this fact this forum exists. But feel glad (in a guilt induced kind of way) that there’s somewhere I could go to talk.

My marriage has broken down and my wonderful husband has left me, because I refused to seek help over what happened to me as a child. That sounds harsher than it is. He’s a wonderful man, who got pushed past his breaking point.

Hi.

Welcome to After Silence.  I think most people have mixed feelings about this forum existing.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear @Maajpvram

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Hello @Maajpvram and welcome to AS!  I'm sorry that you have reason to be here, but am hoping that you will see that there is strength in numbers and you're not alone!  

I am sad to hear that you and your husband are having troubles.  It's not uncommon for a survivor to have difficulty finding a balance between a healthy relationship and a past that is marred by trauma.  I do hope that reconciliation can be achieved as you begin to heal from your childhood abuse.  

Wishing you all the best and lots of luck!

- Capulet

Hi @Maajpvram

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other. You can and will heal from your childhood abuse.  Healing takes time, but it is possible.  I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

9 hours ago, Maajpvram said:

Hi.

I hate this fact this forum exists. But feel glad (in a guilt induced kind of way) that there’s somewhere I could go to talk.

My marriage has broken down and my wonderful husband has left me, because I refused to seek help over what happened to me as a child. That sounds harsher than it is. He’s a wonderful man, who got pushed past his breaking point.

Hi.

Hi Maajpvram,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you went thru as a child. It was wrong and unfair to you. You will find tons of support and understanding here. I am sorry also that you are having difficulty with your husband. It is often hard to understand from a non-survivor perspective. Perhaps reaching out here will show him you do want help and any step we take is actually huge. It's not easy what we live with and it's not easy to share it. Beyond your husband, I do hope you find support for all those struggles we survivors go thru. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this complicated journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you everyone for your kindness. I’m overwhelmed by your support. This has been a lonely journey that I have been on until today. 

I started counselling today. Which was another huge step for me. I’m emotionally done for the day, but I didn’t want to not say thank you for the kindness.

Dear @Maajpvram,

I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here.  Many of us have experienced strain with our loved ones because of what happened to us.

I hope our site can bring you comfort and healing.

Gold Raindrops