Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All.

Hi, @edfisch - 

Welcome to After Silence!!!  I'm so sorry you have reason to be here but am hoping you will see that you've found a truly supportive community to be a part of.  There are many things that we, as survivors must cope with, and there is always support, here.  

Please do not feel guilty.  You are never responsible for the poor, hurtful choices that others decide to make.  I did not report my rape, either - and have struggled with the idea that having not said something had enabled the man who hurt me to hurt others - but this is not the case.  Our decision not to report is NOT permission for him to violate/offend someone else...this is ENTIRELY on your assailant.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It's not your fault for not speaking out either; it can take some time to gather the strength.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

3 hours ago, edfisch said:

Hi Everyone. I'm here because I am having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not telling someone about JF and what he did to me so many years ago. I feel like me not saying something put others at risk, and I don't know how to cope with that.  

Hi edfisch,

Welcome to the AS community. I am very sorry for what you experienced, but do know you are not to blame. Not for what he did to you or for any worry your have for someone else. Sadly, there are reasons for such a small report rate and we all do what we need to do to process and heal for ourselves. We are never responsible for the actions of manipulative and cruel people. I am glad that you have reached out tho. It is a huge step, one of many that I hope you share for us here at AS. Wishing you the best.

Mary

:notalone: 

6 hours ago, edfisch said:

Hi Everyone. I'm here because I am having a hard time dealing with the guilt of not telling someone about JF and what he did to me so many years ago. I feel like me not saying something put others at risk, and I don't know how to cope with that.  

Dear @edfisch

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Dear @edfisch,

I'm so sorry for the pain you've been carrying.  I dealt with the same feelings for a long time.

I am happy you found us, because there are many kind and supportive people here who understand the suffering of abuse and the feelings that come up in the aftermath.

Feel free to read through the site and post whenever you like.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

• 4 months later...