TeeJoe

NervousNewbie

Its taken a long time but finally i can pluck up enough courage to start to talk and share what happened to me  from when i was 3mths old till 11yrs i was physicaly, sexually and mentally abused by mother and stepfather and other family members and friends but i dont feel like it was me who it happened to like i was merely watching but couldnt stop it happening  i dont want to feel it any more not alone any wqay but hopefully through likeminded people i may not feel alone anymore. my name is trish and im 41 with 5 kids none of whom i know were they are but i love and pray form them everyday i hope i can make some friends and not feel so scared to trust someone anymore

Dear @TeeJoe

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome, Trish! I am so sorry for what brought you here. I want you to know that you are not alone. We are all here to support you and help you in whatever way we can.

Hi @TeeJoe and welcome to After Silence.  

I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances under which you've arrived but want to assure you that you're in a safe place.  It is definitely not easy to sign up, join an account and then to introduce yourself...but you did. :)  Be proud of that, and consider it a successful leap toward your healing progresses!  This is a great community (although I might be a little biased!) and folks here are amazing.  I'm hopeful that being among others who can relate and who can understand, will bring you peace, comfort and healing.  You're not alone.  It takes a village, sometimes, and this one is a truly great one to be a part of.

I hope you'll take your time looking around and jump in whenever you're most comfortable.  It is perfectly okay to be nervous; I want to say everybody is when they first join the community. :)  Remember, you can say as much or as little as you're comfortable with. 

If you ever need help or have any questions, I'm just a shout away.  

Best wishes, and again - welcome!

- Capulet

HI @TeeJoe

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for all the trauma you have experienced in your life, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other through our healing journeys.  You will never be alone here.  Connecting with other survivors can be very helpful in the healing process.  You are welcome to share and post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable.  There is no limit to how much you can post, but there is also no obligation to do so.  You never will be forced to share anything you don't want to.  Remember that you are braver than you believe.  I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I do.  

Hi @TeeJoe

welcome to AS! I’m sorry to hear about all of the trauma you’ve endured, you are a strong survivor and I hope you will find this place a safe community where you are supported and can feel less alone. I wish you all the best in your healing,

g

4 hours ago, TeeJoe said:

Its taken a long time but finally i can pluck up enough courage to start to talk and share what happened to me  from when i was 3mths old till 11yrs i was physicaly, sexually and mentally abused by mother and stepfather and other family members and friends but i dont feel like it was me who it happened to like i was merely watching but couldnt stop it happening  i dont want to feel it any more not alone any wqay but hopefully through likeminded people i may not feel alone anymore. my name is trish and im 41 with 5 kids none of whom i know were they are but i love and pray form them everyday i hope i can make some friends and not feel so scared to trust someone anymore

Hi TeeJoe,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuses you've endure in your childhood. It is never right to be abused and traumatized, especially by the ones you should have trusted the most. It sounds like you managed the best you could, many of us disassociate at the most horrific moments. It is our mind trying to protect us from the wrongs being done and the pain being felt. You are not alone. You will find much support and understanding here in our little community. I am wishing you the very best as you walk this path of healing with us.

Mary

:notalone: