WhatWeAreMeantToBe

Good Morning, Good Yawning

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I have been eagerly anticipating my acceptance into this group. I was actually kind of glad to join something like this. It'd always been a thought of mine to be a part of a community like this, so on a whim I searched for one and when I found it, I got kind of excited, no lies. I even read over every forum topic, all the rules, discussions, etc. because I was eager to get to know the place. So I suppose I should tell about myself, now!

I'm a 19 year old, sophomore college student and I use she/her pronouns. I love reading, writing and drawing, and it is my goal to one day write a story about my life. However, I'm scared of some of my friends and family reading it, as well as some of my other works. As such, I came up with a pen name for myself, not my real name, that you are welcome to call me: Alley. I can't wait to get to know everyone! 

I don't know exactly what to say here yet. I know we aren't really supposed to talk about our private experiences this early on and I'm really not ready to jump into that yet anyways, so I'm not going to talk about any of it yet. But I've always been bad at these "about me" things, so I don't know what exactly to say.

I guess, uh, I'm not sure what exactly I'm studying in college yet, but I really enjoy anthropology and psychology so I was thinking both, heh. I actually was originally going to do anthropology and archaeology but there are so many topics I love and enjoy that it's hard to choose only 1 or 2. In the end though, I love helping and working with people, so I think I'll do something like that. 

I also work part time as a private house cleaner. I don't work through a company. Uh. I also love pets and animals of all kinds and have 3 cats and 3 fish.

Well, that's all I can think of for now! I hope this is an ok start to getting to know me and I look forward to meeting everyone here! :)

Edited by WhatWeAreMeantToBe
typos

Posted (edited)

Dear @WhatWeAreMeantToBe

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

:hug:

Edited by missfrier

Good morning to you, Alley!  Welcome to After Silence! :)

I'm sorry that you had reason to seek us out, but I'm truly glad you like what you see here.  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.  I am looking forward to learning more about you as time goes on.  Yes, the introduction was a fantastic start - thank you for taking the time to do so - and for joining the site, for I'm sure that was not an easy step, despite eagerness. :)  Good for you!

We're a great place and we are filled with people who truly understand this journey we call healing - the hurdles, the obstacles, the triumphs and setbacks.  You're not alone here!

By the way, I am a cat lover, as well!  I have five of them at home!

As missfrier suggested, you'll soon receive a welcome message from one of our Newbie Support Team members.  Until then, please feel free to look around and know that if you have any questions about anything or would like help - I'm just a holler away.

Best wishes, and welcome!

Capulet

Hi, @WhatWeAreMeantToBe - 

Welcome to After Silence! First let me say your intro was super cute and fun - I love it! I'm so happy that you are so excited to be here! It truly is a wonderful community to be a part of and I've gained so much from this site. 

As far as your drawing, there is a forum on here made for you to share your art so that might be something cool for you to look into! And I will be sure to call you Alley :) 

You can absolutely wait to share your experiences when you're ready! That is entirely up to you. We are all here to support you when/if you decide to share, and all the time in between :hug:I hope you're liking it around here so far. If you have any questions, please let me know! I am happy to help. 

Sending happy thoughts,
Poppy

Welcome to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  You should check out our Healing Through Creativity forum, it would be a great place for you to share some of your creative works once you feel comfortable.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hey @WhatWeAreMeantToBe

Welcome to AS.  That was a great introduction.  I'm really glad you found the site.  I hope you will end up finding it to be as helpful as I do.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other.  Whenever you are ready and feel comfortable to post you can.  There is no limit or expectation to post.  Just do whatever feels right for you.  Welcome again to the community and I look forward to seeing you around the site. 

Hi Alley,

welcome to AS! Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums. I’m sorry for the trauma that brought you here, and you are right there is no expectation to ‘tell all’ take things at your own pace and share as you feel comfortable:)

Thank you all so much! Yes, I'm very glad to be here, and it was a tough journey getting here. I honestly wish I had come here sooner because for so long I have wanted for something like this. I'm happy to be here, but also nervous about what's to come, because I know talking about this stuff is going to be hard.  Thank you everyone for welcoming me so warmly, though, I greatly appreciate that!

Hi Alley,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have reason to be here, but I am also glad you found us. You will find AfterSilence a wonderful community with supportive and understanding members. You are not alone. Take your time and look around. Wishing you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: