I hope I am doing this right.  I am new to the forum and I'm here to find a place to not be alone.  I am dealing with repressed memories and having them resurface. It's kinda got me all kinds of off kilter.  I am working with a therapist and we have a great working relationship but it doesn't fill that hole of feeling like you are alone in this (even though you know you aren't). I keep wanting to crawl back into my denial bubble as if nothing ever happened but that's not really a bell you can unring. Hopefully this forum will prove to be a safe place to get a little extra connection to others who understand.  Thanks for letting me join you guys.

Dear @DenialsNotARiver

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Thanks @missfrier Its nice to not be alone but in some ways the whole kitten kabootle is extremely frustrating too.  Its like not wanting to have a need to be here but being glad something like this exists at the same time.  Last few months have been rough.

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @DenialsNotARiver

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other.  I understand feeling like you are alone, but you are not alone here.  You will find people on this site that have dealt with similar experiences and are willing to comfort you throughout the healing process. I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do. 

Hello @DenialsNotARiver,

Welcome to after silence! I know it can be tough to face memories of sexual assault, but it does get easier. I promise.

Know that you're not alone here, and that there are some of us here that understand what you're going through. If you ever need to talk, my PMs are always open :)

-Connor

@snmls and @8888,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I hope I can break through my own shell and continue to be a part of here.  It's counter to everything I grew up in and outside my comfort norm but I am trying to push past that.

21 hours ago, DenialsNotARiver said:

I hope I am doing this right.  I am new to the forum and I'm here to find a place to not be alone.  I am dealing with repressed memories and having them resurface. It's kinda got me all kinds of off kilter.  I am working with a therapist and we have a great working relationship but it doesn't fill that hole of feeling like you are alone in this (even though you know you aren't). I keep wanting to crawl back into my denial bubble as if nothing ever happened but that's not really a bell you can unring. Hopefully this forum will prove to be a safe place to get a little extra connection to others who understand.  Thanks for letting me join you guys.

Hi D.

An official warm welcome to you. I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but AfterSilence is a wonderfully supportive and understanding site. You are not alone. Wishing you the best as you walk this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: