Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Newbie here

HJM

Hi everyone,

I’m HJM and I’m new here so thought I’d introduce myself. 

In real life I have a love of music and hope I can find some like minded souls here. 

I look forward to getting to know you all!

xx

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  Be sure to check out our music forum under amusement alcove.  We've got a healing through creativity forum which can have some lyrics sometimes too.

Thanks 8888. 

Good to to hear from you. I’m sorry for what brought you here too but I’m glad you’ve found a community where you can be supported. I’ll definitely look at the music forum!

dear HJM: 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Hi @HJM

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and you are welcome to post in the forums whenever you feel comfortable.  Music is a great outlet for self care and I'm sure you'll be able to find many people on the forum that feel the same way.  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do.  

Welcome, HJM! I hope you find the support and community you’re looking for here. I’m sorry for what brought you here, but I’m glad you are here. Music has really helped me during this journey. What kind of music do you enjoy?

1 hour ago, missfrier said:

dear HJM: 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Hi missfrier,

thank you for your lovely message. I know exactly what you mean about talking out loud - it’s so hard! Thank you for the hugs, sending them back to you too if ok (((hug)))

1 hour ago, snmls said:

Hi @HJM

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the experiences in your life that have brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and you are welcome to post in the forums whenever you feel comfortable.  Music is a great outlet for self care and I'm sure you'll be able to find many people on the forum that feel the same way.  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do.  

Hi snmls,

thank you for your message, it is so good to feel welcomed. I’ll have a good read of the forums before posting, I feel so lucky to have found a community that understands!

55 minutes ago, Mave said:

Welcome, HJM! I hope you find the support and community you’re looking for here. I’m sorry for what brought you here, but I’m glad you are here. Music has really helped me during this journey. What kind of music do you enjoy?

Hi Mave

thank you for your message. It is lovely that members come out in force to welcome us newbies! I have a very eclectic music taste but I play saxophone so particularly enjoy anything with a sax in it!

3 minutes ago, HJM said:

Hi Mave

thank you for your message. It is lovely that members come out in force to welcome us newbies! I have a very eclectic music taste but I play saxophone so particularly enjoy anything with a sax in it!

More than happy to join the welcome wagon! :) And woot! I love saxes too.

Welcome, @HJM to After Silence!!!  I am sorry for whatever circumstances have led you here, but am hopeful that being surrounded by our supportive and kind members will bring you peace, comfort and healing. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi, @HJM - 

Welcome to After Silence! I hope you find some good connections here and find the healing you need :)

If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to me! 

Wishing you well, 
Poppy

15 hours ago, HJM said:

Hi everyone,

In real life I have a love of music and hope I can find some like minded souls here. 

xx

Hi HJM,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you have found your way here. It is a wonderful community with supportive and kind members. Take your time to look around, I am sure you will not feel so alone. This was my first "stepping out" moment and all I can say is I am so glad that I did. I hope you will feel the same. Wishing you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome, @HJM!

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but you have found a friendly and supportive community full of understanding survivors.  I can confirm that there are many of us here who love music (myself included).  

We have several threads dedicated to music/enrichment, like the amusement alcove.  

Feel free to look around and post whenever you feel comfortable.

Gold Raindrops

On 9/8/2019 at 3:15 PM, HJM said:

Hi everyone,

xx

Hi @HJM I am also new member here and I found this place as an relief , I hope you can find it too. I am also playing music and I love music so much! Music helps me going through all this situation I have been dealing with. I hope it does the same to you :) 

Hello @HJM,

Welcome to After Silence! Sorry that something in your life has brought you here.

I'm Connor, I've been a member for a couple weeks now, and hope to make your acquaintance on the road to recovery.

Best wishes!

Edited by Connor