Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Threatened 38 years later

Oak

Hi everyone. This is my first post on a forum. I am committed to ongoing growth and want to be more open. I’m really scared because two years ago I was threatened to keep my mouth shut about inter family sexual abuse that occurred when I was15. 38 years ago. I’m practicing mindfulness as I write this as that I’m giving that child ...this minute the voice she always deserved. The silence has ended. I look forward to sharing, listening and growing with all .

Hey there Oak, welcome to AS! I'm so glad that you're reaching out. I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through and that you were threatened not to talk about it, and I want you to know that you are allowed to talk about what happened if you want to, and you're so so brave for reaching out in spite of what happened. I can't imagine what it must be like to hold all of this in for so long, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You deserve so much better, and you deserve support and happiness. Your positivity and determination to give your young self a voice and break the silence is so inspiring to me, and I have a lot of hope that you're going to make it out on top. I hope all of us at AS can offer you support in your journey. I'm here for you if you ever need anything. 

Welcome to AfterSilence.  Great job breaking the silence!  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Oak - 

Welcome to After Silence! I am so sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but I want you to know that you have come to a wonderful community of people and we all want to help and support you on this journey! I know how scary it can be to reach out for the first time so I am proud of you for having the courage to do so. 

Mindfulness is an amazing tool and I'm so glad you're practicing that! It can be very beneficial to the healing process. I'm glad you've broken your silence. I think you'll find this site to be very helpful. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me! I'm always here :)

Sending happy thoughts,

Poppy

Dear oak

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

I am so very sorry for what happened and I am enraged at the fact that you are being threatened and that they are trying to silence you. Keyword...TRYING. You can speak as freely here as you want to. We are here to listen :throb:

Amy

Thank you Amy. I good cried on that... Trying to silence...I can’t believe how much power it still sometimes has... I want to transform it. Thank you Amy, 

5 hours ago, Oak said:

Hi everyone. This is my first post on a forum. I am committed to ongoing growth and want to be more open. I’m really scared because two years ago I was threatened to keep my mouth shut about inter family sexual abuse that occurred when I was15. 38 years ago. I’m practicing mindfulness as I write this as that I’m giving that child ...this minute the voice she always deserved. The silence has ended. I look forward to sharing, listening and growing with all .

Hi Oak,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured when you were younger and the struggles you face today. Nobody had the right to hurt you then and they have a lot of nerve threatening you now. It is nice you acknowledge your child, as she indeed is allowed her voice. Take your time looking around and know the understanding and supportive members here do welcome you. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello Oak, how are you? I hope you are okay.

I'm sorry you experienced sexual abuse. It was not your fault.

It is normal to feel scared when we talk about the abuse for the first time. This is a safe space.

You are being very brave. You are breaking the silence. You have the right to speak up. Go at your own pace.

Take care.

Hi Oak, 

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you to this site, but I am glad you are here.  You did not deserve what happened to you and you should not have been forced to stay silent about it.  You have found a safe space and you are welcome to share your story on this site.  No one will judge you here and you will be believed and supported.  You sound incredibly brave and strong.  I'm glad you are not able to speak up for the inner child inside you.  Healing begins when the silence ends.  

Dear @Oak,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry both for what happened to you and that people are trying to push you to sweep it under the rug.  I think one of our most central values here at AS is expressed perfectly in our name - "After Silence."  We are about listening, supporting, and ending silence, so we are here to listen to anything you have to share about your story.  We encourage it.  

Feel free to read through our forums, look around, and above all SHARE any time you want.

Gold Raindrops

On 8/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, Oak said:

Wow, @Oak! You are so brave and strong. I am happy that you have the courage to give that child a voice. She deserves one. You’re right. The silence ended. Welcome to the forum! I look forward to getting to know you!