Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone :)

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've been really struggling recently with abuse that occurred nearly 20 years ago. Without going into too much details, I have had quite a few people tell me that what occurred didn't constitute as abuse for a variety of reasons. The only person who knows most of the details (other than my last T) is another survivor and she's never belittled what happened. Since I have been struggling again I decided to see if I could find support online from other survivors and that's what brought me here. Thank you for having me.

Dear aemcee:

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I'm sorry for what brought you here and that people didn't believe it was abuse.  I believe you.  It wasn't your fault.  We are happy to have you.

Hi, @aemcee - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have been so invalidated in your journey. I've been through the same thing so I know how hard it is. But I promise you that no will here will shame or belittle you! This is YOUR journey and we are here to hold your hand and support you! You are never alone here and you will get all of the validation and strength you need to help you heal :) 

I hope you find what you're looking for here. If you ever need me, I'm just a quick PM away! My door is always open :notalone:

My best wishes, 

Poppy

Hi @aemcee

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  You didn't deserve what happened to you.  Your story is valid and I believe you.  You are braver and stronger than you believe and you can heal from this.  We are all here support you.  I hope you find this site as helpful as I do.  

Hello @aemcee and welcome to After Silence.  Although I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances that have led you to us, I'm still glad you're here.  This site is filled with some of the best people I've had the pleasure to get to know and I am hopeful that being here will bring you peace.  It is so comforting to know and realize that you are not alone in your struggles, even struggles that stem from something that happened two decades ago.  The ache is a very real one, and being surrounded by others who truly understand has always been beneficial for me.  I hope the same for you. :)

I am always around if you ever need someone to listen.  Again, welcome to our community.  

My best wishes to you,
Capulet

15 hours ago, aemcee said:

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've been really struggling recently with abuse that occurred nearly 20 years ago. Without going into too much details, I have had quite a few people tell me that what occurred didn't constitute as abuse for a variety of reasons. The only person who knows most of the details (other than my last T) is another survivor and she's never belittled what happened. Since I have been struggling again I decided to see if I could find support online from other survivors and that's what brought me here. Thank you for having me.

Welcome! 

I've been here since January 1st and found this site providing much support. I hope you'll feel the same. 

Here on After Silence, we give away safe hugs, if ok? :hug:

16 hours ago, aemcee said:

Hi aemcee,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you almost 20 years ago. It was wrong and not fair to you. I am very sorry you struggle and have dealt with doubts. Sometimes it is difficult for others to understand how something like this effects someone, when they haven't gone thru it themselves. I always hope it's just ignorance, tho. You have found a very supportive site with tons of understanding members. You are not alone. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: