Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey everyone,

My name is Danah, and I'm proud to say that I'm processing my trauma in therapy, after avoiding it for so long. I used to feel a paralyzing fear, whenever I attempted to "go there" in the past. But this time feels different, I feel really angry and brave at the same time. Like I'm ready to go to war or something. I've been on the road to recovery: healthy diet, medication, meditation, exercise, and therapy. And I felt this urgency to join a support group. I'm Middle Eastern, and the nature of my trauma is quite difficult to discuss with other people in my country, to say the least. I'm exploding with excitement now that I have a place to speak. I can't wait to get to know all of you, learn from your experiences, and be part of this community, where normalizing experiences and being supportive are the norm. 

I'm excited, angry, scared, shy, and nervous. But for the first time, it feels so good. 

Hi, Danah, and welcome! :wave: You have found the perfect place to come and talk about your trauma and connect with other survivors. I’m sorry for what you have been through. It’s good to hear you are in therapy and working on getting better. I have been in therapy for six years now and it has not been easy. I applaud you for your efforts and bravery by speaking out about your truth. Welcome aboard! If you have any questions, feel free to message me. My inbox is always open. :aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @da2606

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that has brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  You are stronger and braver than you believe.  It sounds like you are on the road to healing and that's great.  Connecting with other survivors is also helpful in the healing process.  All of our stories are unique, but our shared experiences can help each other grow.  I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I do.  

9 hours ago, da2606 said:

Hey everyone,

My name is Danah, and I'm proud to say that I'm processing my trauma in therapy, after avoiding it for so long. I used to feel a paralyzing fear, whenever I attempted to "go there" in the past. But this time feels different, I feel really angry and brave at the same time. Like I'm ready to go to war or something. I've been on the road to recovery: healthy diet, medication, meditation, exercise, and therapy. And I felt this urgency to join a support group. I'm Middle Eastern, and the nature of my trauma is quite difficult to discuss with other people in my country, to say the least. I'm exploding with excitement now that I have a place to speak. I can't wait to get to know all of you, learn from your experiences, and be part of this community, where normalizing experiences and being supportive are the norm. 

I'm excited, angry, scared, shy, and nervous. But for the first time, it feels so good. 

Dear da2606: 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Dear @da2606,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you here, but you're right to feel excited about finding us.  We are a kind and supportive community full of people who are there to listen and help each other heal.  It's brave of you to take so many important steps - like therapy, writing and talking about it.

You mentioned reading other people's stories.  If you are interested in mine, you are welcome to read it in the Share Your Story forum.  It is triggering, though, so only if it's something you'd like to see.

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

On 8/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, da2606 said:

Hey everyone,

Hi Danah,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you will find tons of support here...from members that literally come from across the globe. We welcome all survivors. I am sorry there is difficult speaking out where you are from. I hope there is an end of silence and an acceptance everywhere of this very awful wrong done to others who never deserved to be hurt. You will find understanding and kindness here. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

(FYI, if you decide to read Goldraindrop's story, please note that you will not have access to the Share Your Story forum until you've reached the required 10 posts for that forum)

Mary

:supportu:

Hi, @da2606 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I know how hard it can be to open up and share trauma, but you've come to such a supportive and loving community of people. It sounds like you are on the right track to healing and that's amazing. Keep up the good work and the self care! 

If you need anything, feel free to PM me any time :)

Best wishes, 

Poppy

Hello, @da2606,

Glad to hear you've found help! It's no easy feat, and I'm so proud of you for being able to confront what has happened to you and am ecstatic to hear that you are no longer afraid.

If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you.

-Connor