Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to group

Kazb

Hi

I'm new here. Not great at sharing feelings but at 50 have reached a point in my life where I very nearly lost everything due to behaviour driven by my early experiences which I’ve never addressed or resolved.  

Luckily I have good support and now realise I need to be brave- I don’t do face to face so my counsellor suggested finding an online forum so after some searching I found this one and loved the quote about the lotus bloom. 

Thanks 

Dear  kazb:

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! :hug:

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

15 hours ago, Kazb said:

Hi

I'm new here. Not great at sharing feelings but at 50 have reached a point in my life where I very nearly lost everything due to behaviour driven by my early experiences which I’ve never addressed or resolved.  

Luckily I have good support and now realise I need to be brave- I don’t do face to face so my counsellor suggested finding an online forum so after some searching I found this one and loved the quote about the lotus bloom. 

Thanks 

Hi Kazb,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas you have gone thru, but do know this is a very supportive site. Our members are truly understanding. I do so understand about the effects that trauma cause and the denial of it does make you struggle less. This is how I've come to be here a few years ago. I am glad that you were given the suggestion to seek on-line support, as I do think having others who know the struggles and fight the fight the same as us is a benefit. I hope you look around and see this too.

Yes, I love the lotus and it has such meaning to us and our community. I must admit, I didn't even know what a lotus flower looked like before the picture posted at the top of the main screen. It is truly an inspiring quote. :)

I wish you the best on this journey we call healing. You deserve it.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear @Kazb,

I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you to us, but you're right, this is a kind and supportive community full of understanding people.  

Many of us know what it is like to bury the trauma of what we went through for years.  

I hope you find comfort and healing.

Gold Raindrops

Hi, kazb: 

Welcome to AfterSilence. 

I'm fairly new myself. I joined in late June. 

I found people here to be very supportive. Like you, I have trouble expressing my feelings in person  sometimes. Even though it sucks in the moment and I will cry sometimes, I do feel better when I let it out. I would encourage you to journal as well. It''s very  helpful. 

We are close in age, I turn 49 next month. If you ever need to talk, my in box is open. 

Hope49

Hello, @Kazb and welcome to After Silence!!!  

I can so relate to having things in your background that you've never resolved or done work on.  I'm currently working on some things in therapy, myself.  I'm not at the point where I've lost everything, but not having resolved things YEARS ago is certainly one thing that impacts my day-to-day life.  

The lotus bloom quote rings true for me, too. :)  I'd like to someday have a lotus tattooed on my calf, perhaps the quote, too!  I believe every word.  

Anyhow, welcome.  I hope that being here brings you peace and comfort - healing is possible! :)  You're not alone!

My best wishes to you,
Capulet

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Kazb,

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry that you've had to go through what you have, and we're all here to support you. Good on you for reaching out, it's no easy task, and I'm proud of you for accomplishing it.

If you ever need to talk, my PMs are always open.

-Connor