Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello (:

I made the account yesterday but I couldn’t bring myself to post until now. 

I recently went through it and I’m trying to cope with it. It’s actually affected me and I feel like I’ve changed because of it, don’t know if it’s for better or worse... we’ll see.

This isn’t my first time, I’ve been through it as a child and teen and I don’t think it affected me as much as this incident that has recently happened to me as an adult or maybe it did and I wasn’t aware of it. 

I hope to be more active on here as this forum has made me feel like I could get support where I couldn’t find in real life. Nobody knows what happens to me other than my best friend who I’ve met and chatted with online for years and have been very close to. 

It feels good to let it out and be on this forum.

Welcome to AS . We are all here for each other with safe hugs or to just sit if needed . We are also good listeners as well . Sorry for everything you have been through . Safe hugs if okay :hug:

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear neverland:

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Dear @neverland,

So sorry for the suffering that brought you here.  It was brave of you to reach out to us - we are a kind and supportive community ready to help each other. I hope you can find peace and healing.

Gold Raindrops

On 7/29/2019 at 10:26 PM, neverland said:

I made the account yesterday but I couldn’t bring myself to post until now. 

I recently went through it and I’m trying to cope with it. It’s actually affected me and I feel like I’ve changed because of it, don’t know if it’s for better or worse... we’ll see.

This isn’t my first time, I’ve been through it as a child and teen and I don’t think it affected me as much as this incident that has recently happened to me as an adult or maybe it did and I wasn’t aware of it. 

I hope to be more active on here as this forum has made me feel like I could get support where I couldn’t find in real life. Nobody knows what happens to me other than my best friend who I’ve met and chatted with online for years and have been very close to. 

It feels good to let it out and be on this forum.

Hi neverland,

Welcome to AS.  I am very sorry for what you experienced recently and as a child/teen. It is never right for someone to hurt another this way. I am glad you found our community and decided to join. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi there, @neverland!!!

Welcome to After Silence!!!  I'm sorry that you have experienced trauma both as an adult and as a child.  This is a truly supportive community and the folks here are absolutely amazing when it comes to always being willing to lend an ear.  I'm hopeful that you will not regret having made your first post and introducing yourself.  This is no small step - it's huge! :)  Be proud of yourself.

Wishing you lots of luck in your healing journey!  And again - welcome.

Best wishes,

Capulet

Welcome, @neverland!