Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi and Thank you

I found this website after a bit of a downward spiral a few nights ago. I just really needed someone to talk to and more than that I needed to feel listened to. I wasn't sure if this website would be worth the wait of registration when I needed someone so desperately at that moment. I read through the guidelines and abbreviations post and I started to cry. I love the terms like "Pocket Riders", asking for "hugs", and "Sitting with someone". I just felt such a warmth of love, understanding, and support from those ideas of being there for someone like that. It helped me so much that night. It wasn't what I thought I wanted but it was certainly what I needed.

So, hello everyone! Thank you for having me here and thank you for being so beautifully supportive and helpful already!

I'm really glad to be here :)

Dear lrpine: 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

Hi @LRPINE

Welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the trauma in your life that brought to here, but I am glad you found the site.  This is a safe space and no one will judge you here.  We are all here to support each other throughout the healing process.  Whether you need advice, validation, or even just a "hug," we are here for you.  Take some time getting comfortable with the forum and post whenever you wish.  There is no such thing as posting too much or too little.  I hope you end up finding the site as helpful as I do.  

Hello @LRPINE and welcome to After Silence!!!  

I'm so glad you are liking what you see of us, so far. :)  I remember being amazed by the outpouring of support and kindness when I first joined (SEVERAL years ago!) and am glad to see that some things haven't changed. :)  I'm also very glad you decided to wait out the registration and to introduce yourself to us.  We all have those moments where we need someone else to listen, to understand, to validate what we feel, and this community has always done that for me.  

Again, welcome.  I wish you all the best in your healing processes and look forward to getting to know you better as time goes on. :)

Best wishes,
Capulet

1 hour ago, LRPINE said:

I found this website after a bit of a downward spiral a few nights ago. I just really needed someone to talk to and more than that I needed to feel listened to. I wasn't sure if this website would be worth the wait of registration when I needed someone so desperately at that moment. I read through the guidelines and abbreviations post and I started to cry. I love the terms like "Pocket Riders", asking for "hugs", and "Sitting with someone". I just felt such a warmth of love, understanding, and support from those ideas of being there for someone like that. It helped me so much that night. It wasn't what I thought I wanted but it was certainly what I needed.

So, hello everyone! Thank you for having me here and thank you for being so beautifully supportive and helpful already!

Hi welcome to as , safe hugs :hug: if ok?

sorry to hear you've been struggling.

Hello, @LRPINE - 

Welcome to After Silence! :wave: I am so sorry about your spiral.. but I am happy you found us, here! I was also apprehensive about the wait time to register to join, but now that I'm here, it was well worth the wait. I also find it very comforting to have a pocket rider when I have a tough appointment to go to or sitters when I'm feeling very low. And hugs are amazing! 

I hope you have found this site to be as warm and welcoming as you hoped. Remember we are all survivors here too! You're not alone here :supportu:

If you ever need anything, I'm just a shout away! Pocket riding with you until you feel safe :up:

Many hugs, 

Poppy 

Hi @LRPINE,

Welcome to AS!

I had a similar experience when I first joined many years ago. It is amazing how much comfort a little hug emoji can offer, when we've been so alone with all this pain for so long. It is a very supportive community here and sometimes a little goes a long way. We all understand this experience called surviving and try to help each other when we can. Sometimes a sitter is all we need :)

Safe hugs to you if you want them :hug:

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

14 hours ago, LRPINE said:

Dear @LRPINE,

You are absolutely right - we are full of warmth, kindness and understanding.  I'm sorry for the painful experiences that brought you here, but I'm happy you found us.  Take your time looking around and post whenever you'd like.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Thank you all!!! I never expected such a warm and welcoming response! I'm full of happy tears right now! 

@missfrier I'm still very new here and I can feel like a part of this family. It is beyond beautiful!

@snmls I think I will find this site very helpful. Thank you!

@Capulet It's amazing to know that after several years, this site is still there helping you. I feel like forums like this normally slowly trickle away but it's wonderful to know that the love and outreach here is so strong that is have impacted people for years :)

@Free2Fly Safe hugs are always welcome! Thank you!

@Poppy_ Thank you! You are so kind! I feel supported and validated in a way I've never experienced before. I am beyond grateful for the pocketrider :) 

@Iheartcupcakes I think I really have come to the right place!

On 7/29/2019 at 3:58 PM, silentg said:

Hi @LRPINE,

Welcome to AS!

I had a similar experience when I first joined many years ago. It is amazing how much comfort a little hug emoji can offer, when we've been so alone with all this pain for so long. It is a very supportive community here and sometimes a little goes a long way. We all understand this experience called surviving and try to help each other when we can. Sometimes a sitter is all we need :)

Safe hugs to you if you want them :hug:

The safe hugs are greatly appreciated! I'm so glad to hear how supportive this site has been of you for years! It may only be an emoji but I agree it is powerful1

22 hours ago, 8888 said:

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@8888 Thank you! I greatly appreciate it! 

19 hours ago, goldraindrops said:

Dear @LRPINE,

You are absolutely right - we are full of warmth, kindness and understanding.  I'm sorry for the painful experiences that brought you here, but I'm happy you found us.  Take your time looking around and post whenever you'd like.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

@goldraindrops Thank you! I feel the warmth, kindness and understanding in ways I never could have imagined!

On 7/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, LRPINE said:

Hi LRPINE,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced and the struggles you still face. You are not alone. As you have already seen, this community is about understanding and support. Tho what we've all have gone thru is unfair and unjust, it is a real difference maker when you have others who get what you are going thru. I wish you the very best as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: