Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there everyone, 

Grateful to be here in this community, even though it's new and scary.  It's hard not to feel alone when I'm always walking through the world with this invisible weight. I tend to be shy but I want to share my story here sometime soon. Also, I am trans, and use they/them pronouns (:

Thanks for taking the time to read:throb: 

Edited by stormyfire

Nice to meet you! I’m new too! Welcome, friend! 💕💕💕

Hi @stormyfire, welcome to AS!

I am sorry for what brings you here but glad you found our supportive community. It is difficult to feel alone and carrying an invisible weight, I hope you will feel less isolated here, that is one of the helpful things I found about being here.  It's ok to be shy, and there is no pressure to share anything unless you  want to. Sometimes taking your time feels safer and we want members to feel safe here.   Please take your time and have a look around the site and feel free to post as much or as little as you like.  :notalone:

Edited by silentg

Hi, @stormyfire, welcome. 

I'm fairly new. I joined in June. I remember writing my introductory post. I was scared and nervous, feeling shaky. 

But now I have a safe place to come  to. I have talked with folks in Finland, the UK and Canada. I feel supported. 

Most of all, I feel that I finally have a place to come to where people understand and I can feel connected. 

If you need to talk, I'm here. 

Hope49

4 hours ago, stormyfire said:

Hi there everyone, 

Grateful to be here in this community, even though it's new and scary.  It's hard not to feel alone when I'm always walking through the world with this invisible weight. I tend to be shy but I want to share my story here sometime soon. Also, I am trans, and use they/them pronouns (:

Hi stormyfire,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but do know you will find tons of support here. You are not alone and are accepted here. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

3 hours ago, Hosstheboss16 said:

Hi Hosstheboss,

A warm welcome to you, as well. I am glad that you decided to join our community. Take your time to look around. I wish you nothing but the best in this journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

5 hours ago, stormyfire said:

Hi there everyone, 

Dear stormyfire:

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

4 hours ago, Hosstheboss16 said:

Dear Hosstheboss16:

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Edited by missfrier

Welcome to AfterSilence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

8 hours ago, missfrier said:

Dear Hosstheboss16:

Aw everyone here is seriously so nice. Thank you for the support. I support you as well ☺️

22 hours ago, stormyfire said:

Hi there everyone, 

Dear @stormyfire,

Welcome to After Silence.

I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here, but I can assure you you've found a kind and supportive community full of helpful people.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Gold Raindrops

21 hours ago, Hosstheboss16 said:

Dear @Hosstheboss16,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here, but like I mentioned above, this is a community full of kind and supportive people.  Take your time looking around at all the forums we have available and post whenever you feel like it.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

16 hours ago, goldraindrops said:

Dear @Hosstheboss16,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry for the suffering that has brought you here, but like I mentioned above, this is a community full of kind and supportive people.  Take your time looking around at all the forums we have available and post whenever you feel like it.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️