Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, everyone! 

I am truly thankful to have found this place. A few days ago, I was finally able to share with my husband what happened to me 13 years ago and thankfully he was supportive. I am cautiously ready to open up and process what I have been through. I have carried this on me for many years and has affected me deeply in so many ways and seeped into my everyday life, by refusing to deal with it. Maybe once I’m more comfortable I can speak more about that too. I just know in my soul I am ready to start the healing process.

Thanks for your time 💛

Hi, @ellebelle - 

Welcome to After Silence! I know how scary it can be to open up about abuse or hurt and try to process it and how scary it can be even to share with loved ones! You are making wonderful first steps at working through this and getting the support you need. 

This is a wonderful community of amazingly supportive people that will hold your hand through all of the bad things, and celebrate with you through all of the good things :supportu:  I hope you see that as you navigate around the site and get to know people! 

If you need any help or assistance with the site, please send me a PM! I'm happy to help. You can also PM me if you're just needing a friend or someone to vent to :) my door is always open! :notalone:

Sending happy thoughts, 

Poppy 

@ellebelle Welcome!  I'm so sorry you have a reason to be here, but I'm also glad you found this amazing, supportive place to help you through your healing journey.  AS has personally helped me a ton over the past year, and I really hope it helps you, too. 

I also want to congratulate you on breaking your silence with your husband—that is incredibly scary and difficult to do and I'm sooo proud of you!  Like @Poppy_ said, my PMs are also open.  Again welcome! :)

Neri

1 hour ago, ellebelle said:

Hello, everyone! 

I am truly thankful to have found this place. A few days ago, I was finally able to share with my husband what happened to me 13 years ago and thankfully he was supportive. I am cautiously ready to open up and process what I have been through. I have carried this on me for many years and has affected me deeply in so many ways and seeped into my everyday life, by refusing to deal with it. Maybe once I’m more comfortable I can speak more about that too. I just know in my soul I am ready to start the healing process.

Thanks for your time 💛

Hi ellebelle,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've experienced 13 years ago. I think many of us have tried the same things as you, I know that I have. Denial never prevented the struggles and feelings. It is a big step to finally start facing the ugliness that was done to you, by way of sharing with your husband and becoming a member here. Take your time to look around and share when you are ready. Wishing you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Welcome You have taken your first step , baby steps . One day at a time , you will be just fine you can do this . safe hugs if okay :hug:

10 hours ago, ellebelle said:

Hello, everyone! 

Thanks for your time 💛

Dear ellebelle:

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    :hug:

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what happened to you and how it has affected you all these years.  I think we start different steps of healing when we are ready.  This is a caring place, and I'm glad you are already feeling that.  You're not alone in having the effects seep in to your life, I think that is the nature of these traumas, and that is not your fault.  I wish you the best as you step further into your healing.