Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Where can I talk about my story?

Hello, welcome to AS! I’m sorry for what’s brought you to this forum, but this is a wonderful safe place for you to get support. 

I’m glad you feel able to share your story here. The Share Your Story board becomes available to members when you’ve made a minimum of 10 posts on the rest of the forum. This is to protect us and our stories. 

Thank you! This just happened 5 days ago, and I’m still stuck in that moment. I don’t know that I have much to share except my story yet, but I will continue to work at it until I do. Thanks again.

@knighk18 I’m so sorry you’re in that ‘stuck’ phase, it’s understandable given how recent it is. I get like that even now, and my traumas are not so recent. You can share as much or as little as you need/want to. Not everything you post here has to be about your experience, there are a number of boards that you can post in for other things, too.

Support is also available here. Whenever you’re having a particularly difficult time, you can always ask for some support on AS and we’ll be happy to give it. 

Sending lots of support and safe hugs your way, if okay :hug:

Hello Knighk18, thank you for sharing your story. I am new here’s  and am glad you are here. I too get into places where I will be stuck, sometimes for long periods and other times short. The presence of this forum in itself was  helpful to me yesterday when I joined and right now as it serves to validate reality for me and remind me that I will be okay. Sending kindness.   

3 hours ago, knighk18 said:

Thank you! This just happened 5 days ago, and I’m still stuck in that moment. I don’t know that I have much to share except my story yet, but I will continue to work at it until I do. Thanks again.

Dear knighk18:

I would like to welcome you into this lovely community.   We are all here for you!

I have been here for just over three years and feel that it has really helped me.  The level of support you will get is amazing...you won't ever feel alone.  Knowing how much everyone cares is truly helpful.

Well done for reaching out!!  You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM (private message) if you have any questions about the site or our forums or finding your way around.  There is always somebody willing to help!

Once you have 10 posts, you will be able to go to the Share  Your Story forum and you can share there.  

Safe hugs!! :hug:

Dear @knighk18,

Welcome to After Silence. 

I'm sorry for the suffering that brought you here, but this is a kind and supportive community and I hope you feel at home here.  You should gain access to "Share Your Story" shortly (after the ten posts mentioned above).  

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

4 hours ago, Mintchip76 said:

Hello Knighk18, thank you for sharing your story. I am new here’s  and am glad you are here. I too get into places where I will be stuck, sometimes for long periods and other times short. The presence of this forum in itself was  helpful to me yesterday when I joined and right now as it serves to validate reality for me and remind me that I will be okay. Sending kindness.   

Dear @Mintchip76,

I noticed your message above (your first?). 

Let me also send my messages of welcome to you.  I think what you said is true.  On the path to healing, there are times when we are moving forward and times when we feel stuck.  I think many of this website can relate.  

This is a kind and supportive community - there will be many people here to offer support and friendship and their stories when you do feel stuck.  That's how it's been for me, anyway.

Blessings,

Gold Raindrops

Hi knightk18

welcome! I too am pretty new here.  I’m having trouble figuring out what I’m suppose to do as well. Feel free to pm me, maybe we can figure it out together. 

Love & light,

Diio 

10 hours ago, knighk18 said:

I am brand new, and I noticed a pinned post that indicates to use the “Share your story” board, but I cannot find it. Can anyone direct me to it?

Hi knightk,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured to have you seek us out, but you will find our community supportive and kind. You have already received the answer to the question you posted, so I will just say how happy I am you found us. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you travel your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

8 hours ago, Mintchip76 said:

Hi Mintchip,

A warm welcome to you, as well. I am sorry for what you have been thru, but you will find tons of support. Everyone is so understanding and kind. I am glad you are finding validation from our community already. Wishing you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

On 7/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mintchip76 said:

Dear mintchip76: 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! :hug:

Take care!

Thank you so much that really means a lot to me since a lot of my support network has broken down for a variety of reasons, some are just too uncomfortable, like it is too heavy for them, some were not the healthiest of supporters I have learned since I have grown some and some are afraid because of threats that were made so they don’t want any involvement. I have been reading some which has been helpful and also I call hotlines sometimes once a week as well as meeting with my therapist. My dog also has my heart ❤️