Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Massively overwhelmed

By the amount of love in this site.

for everyone who takes the time to post, reply, read something and of course keep AS going. How amazing are you all?

this is all very new and scares me, but the love & kindness makes me feel that it will get better.

you are all amazing and I look forward to getting to know some of you better.

thank you 

Welcome, @Running!!!!  I also look forward to getting to know you!!

I am so glad you are liking what you have seen of our community so far.  We truly are a safe place, and I'm genuinely pleased you are able to feel hopeful!

Sending you all of my support and safe hugs.

- Capulet

Dear running : 

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!:hug:

Hey there @Running

Welcome to AS.  You are pretty amazing too because you are a survivor.  I'm sorry for the things that happened in your life that brought you to this site, but I'm glad you found us.  This is a safe space and you are always welcome here.  Everyone is so supporting and we are all happy to help. I felt similar when I first joined.  I just felt so lost and alone, but you are never alone here.  Take your time checking out the site and the forums and post whenever you feel comfortable.  I hope you end up finding this site as helpful as I do.  

8 hours ago, Running said:

By the amount of love in this site.

for everyone who takes the time to post, reply, read something and of course keep AS going. How amazing are you all?

this is all very new and scares me, but the love & kindness makes me feel that it will get better.

you are all amazing and I look forward to getting to know some of you better.

thank you 

Hi Running,

I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but I see you already understand what this site is about. You are now a part of this. It's ok to be nervous to start, but believe me your nerves will settle and you will feel comfortable and find comfort here. Understanding and support are around every corner. You truly are not alone. Take your time and know there is no pressure. I am wishing you all the best in this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

@Running Welcome :)

Thanks for being here.  I'd like to acknowledge what you went through that brought you here is never easy.  It is scary at first!  Agreed.  Once you have experienced rejection everywhere else like most of us have even in medical facilities being mishandled... then you find AS genuinely safe and welcoming... it gets much easier indeed.

You're accepted as well as always welcome.  Thank you for braving that first big step.

:: Safe Hugs ::

2Siamese 

"Keep going!  I'll cheer you on!"

Hi, Running: 

Welcome to After Silence. 

I'm new too. I joined about about 10 days ago. Within the first few days, I felt so much support. 

I could relate to the words "running" and "overwhelmed." My incident took place 10 months ago. I have definitely buried myself in my job and isolated myself to avoid my trauma. i also tend to run away from it by sleeping to avoid the pain.   

I'm here to cheer you on. 

Hope49